Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Horrible accident on Bonney Rd. 2 bikes involved

Old 09-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Built, HTA, V9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts
Default Horrible accident on Bonney Rd. 2 bikes involved

About two hours ago... I was standing outside with friends when we hear something that sounds like a crash. No skidding or anything, all we heard is the sound of breaking glass. I start walking the direction of the sound and I see a car stop and the driver start running toward the sound so we knew that something had indeed happened. None of us were prepared for what we saw when we turned the corner. A white Durango half in the intersection on fire and what appears to be an R1 on fire about 25 yards away with the rider another 10 yards further down the road on his back with no movement. It wasn't until I got closer that I realized that it wasn't just "a" bike but two crushed together. I started running toward the Durango to get people out of the burning vehicle when I see another mass on the ground next to it... I don't feel the need to be graphic about what I saw incase some of you end up knowing this person... but it was BAD. I'm sure he felt nothing, and was instantly gone... but it was certainly the most horrible thing I've seen with my two eye's and will never soon forget. The other rider ended up speaking and was coherent and appeared to only have a leg injury. Black guy (Dan is all we got for a name),. said he was 27 and asked over and over how his friend was but didn't use his name. The Durango burnt to the ground as well as both bikes. It was the worst thing I'd ever seen in my life and wouldn't wish this on an enemy.

I'm sure this will hit the news so we'll all have more info on it...

My condolances to the family, and, riders and drivers alike, please be safe.

Fred

Here's the only link I found for it:

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp...2&nav=ZolHbyvj

Last edited by japslapr; 09-03-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:45 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horrible accident on Bonney Rd. 2 bikes involved

Damn, didnt hear about that. send my condolences to the families and riders and drivers and everybody involved...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:57 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

yea, just saw it on the news. so sad wonder who's fault it was.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:38 AM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

you know......i work rescue for virginia beach and see some crazy shit day by day....and yes my condolences to each of them.some of these bikers out there are plain fucking idiots. not saying it was the same guys but. yesterday we were responding to a call on the interstate...we were doing about 70-75 in the box...well two dumbfucks on two r-1's were trying to act like they were gonna race us when one at 70 mph decides to do a wheelie down the interstate for more than a mile riding right beside us.it sucked cuz we had to get over and he was right there. if we didnt know he was there he would of been splattered all over the road. its fucking stupid that some of these guys think they are invincible.but yes my condolences to them.not trying to offend anyone here it just irritates the shit out of me when i see it and to hear about it
Old 09-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Damn dude sorry you had to see that. My condolences to the friends and family.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Old 09-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

thats crazy... can't find any mention of it on the news sites either...
Old 09-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

I saw that on the news last night, kinda sobered me up quickly. Sad to hear that we lost a fellow rider.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

As far as fault... I'm not 100 percent positive,. but how everything looked after the accident. It appeared as tho the Durango was trying to make a left hand turn and cut of the bikes that were traveling in the opposite direction. The bikes may not have been able to stop in time and the lead bike hit the passenger rear side of the Durango. The bike in back then hit the bike in front and slid a ways away. If I had to guess,. the bikes were 25 yards away from the Durango,. so I don't really think they were speeding too much.

It really shook my up. I drive irresponsibly at times.... racing bikes and other cars on the interstate. seeing a body in that condition... then realizing that I could easily put myself, a friend, or anyone else in that position. I can't be responsible for that. It was enough to slow my ass down.

Hey,. did anyone that watched the news catch if both riders died or just one of them. I was talking to the black guy and he seemed "okay" but was told later that he passed as well but am not too sure how reliable that info was.

Again,. be safe fellas.

Last edited by japslapr; 09-03-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:08 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Were they wearing gear?

I hate to ask for more details, but things like this can serve as an eye opener to all of us as drivers and cyclists. I'm really not sure if I'm grasping everything that happened. Did anyone survive? I know you're saying they were in terrible condition.. It seems to me that the bikes, although not necessarily at fault, must have been going at a decent rate of speed (not even necessarily speeding) when they collided, if the Durango and the bike caught on fire and 'burnt to the ground'.. What was the speed limit there?

Quick Reply: Horrible accident on Bonney Rd. 2 bikes involved