Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

HOWDY!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
brake/steer/throttle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek
Default HOWDY!

from Texas! i just wanted to pop-in and say hello! the 'scene' down here is funny. although i haven't participated in the scene (nor do i plan to) down here, it's struggling to say the least. they are about 4-6 years behind at best. of course, it's just about the same level as most noobs here on this site, but it's what it is. do know, that the domestic crowd down here is pretty fast, but i suppose it's because most import guys don't exactly know what they are doing yet. i see lots of SLP stickers (y'all KNOW how i feel about stickers) around the f-body crowd. anyway, it's hot down here, but somehow i miss the strangling humidity of Va. Beach summers...
well, take care, y'all!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 AM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: HOWDY!

I was wondering what happend to you, hadnt seen your name in a while.

Whats the offroading scene like there? And what part of Texas? I know Huston has a huge FBODY crowd
Old 09-04-2006, 09:45 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

The fast imports are there too, VERY fast ones. At least around Houston. There's a webforum with some crazy vids that are always popping up out of that area. Definitely a lot of Fbods though. The first thing anyone notices is the stupid idiot kids. Don't worry Tony, the nice cars will appear... sometime...
Old 09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Hodo has disabled reputation

Funny I thought the 757 was 4-6 years behind everybody else. After all Houston HAS a real SR scene. The 757 has a parking lot scene, it looks fast, it might go fast if they ever run it and no one runs for jack around here so its not really worth the time to run. Its been a few years since I have been there but I still think they run off Rankin Road, and out on Westhiemer outside hwy-6/FM1960. And there will ALWAYS be a huge F-Body group down there. That and Foxbody Mustangs. Houston, rates like this, Rankin run for fun and for money if you aint ready for the big kids you stay on Rankin. Westhiemer, better bring some money becuase I know alot of those cats wont line up for less than 50. And then down in Galvasten No less than 100 dollars to line up with the slowest of the slow down there. Hell I paid for rent for 6 months while I was down there running people with my old car. And I miss that scene.

Everywhere else that is a major metro area has a underground car scene and I aint talking NOPI. After all there is the 305SR King of the Street challenge EVERY YEAR, in Florida.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

when i first read that i thought he was talkin about us lol
Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 AM
:3

vg30dett has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bustadust
when i first read that i thought he was talkin about us lol
Yeah, right. If I had 100 dollars... I'd buy new fuel injectors. Or at least one...
Old 09-04-2006, 10:38 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hodo
Funny I thought the 757 was 4-6 years behind everybody else. After all Houston HAS a real SR scene. The 757 has a parking lot scene, it looks fast, it might go fast if they ever run it and no one runs for jack around here so its not really worth the time to run. Its been a few years since I have been there but I still think they run off Rankin Road, and out on Westhiemer outside hwy-6/FM1960. And there will ALWAYS be a huge F-Body group down there. That and Foxbody Mustangs. Houston, rates like this, Rankin run for fun and for money if you aint ready for the big kids you stay on Rankin. Westhiemer, better bring some money becuase I know alot of those cats wont line up for less than 50. And then down in Galvasten No less than 100 dollars to line up with the slowest of the slow down there. Hell I paid for rent for 6 months while I was down there running people with my old car. And I miss that scene.

Everywhere else that is a major metro area has a underground car scene and I aint talking NOPI. After all there is the 305SR King of the Street challenge EVERY YEAR, in Florida.
The SR scene around here died off about 2 years ago.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

yea no pulse
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Banned

89sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdavis
The SR scene around here died off about 2 years ago.
People Matured,police wisened.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Tony what part of TX are you in?

Quick Reply: HOWDY!