Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

i found how all the cars are getting stolen quietly

Old 04-27-2004, 01:56 PM
squeegee my fiji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†
Default Re: i found how all the cars are getting stolen quietly

so wait, you can make a key, based on someones vin??

is it illegal to cover up my vin w/ tape?
Old 04-27-2004, 02:20 PM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by †Specter†
so wait, you can make a key, based on someones vin??

is it illegal to cover up my vin w/ tape?
nope, remeber that cool old ass ultraprincess has been doing it for 10 years., he acts like he pioneered that shit. congrats ultra on inventing the tape on the VIN theory , you so damn cool.

all i did was try to give some usefull info to the people who dont want their shit stolen. why you gotta be a prick about it. it looks like your old as shit and with all those posts you spend too much time talking about cars with younger guys. get a job. or a life.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Good Ship Bear

sil80er is an unknown quantity at this point

Not illegal to cover but i think it may be illegal to rip the bitch off and at the Honda dealership on j clyde they only make keys if you have the registration or title. Also Honda made a key for my 94 hatch which is not 96+.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

one more thing guys, there was a shop back in cali that did something that i know you may not have thought of. does anyone know if all the cars had alarms on them, and wiether all the alarms got installed by the same shop? because a guy in that shop in cali just reported to a dealership that he needed the keys because they locked them in the car, then he just went with a copy of the alarm pad and key and just drove off with them, by the way the guy got caught and now serving 15 for grand theft.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
ReRegistered User

NSXNEXT is an unknown quantity at this point

Some guys at the Honda dealership showed me how somebody stole my 99 Civic SI. The demonstration involved 2 guys! One guy went through the driver's side wheel well, pulling hard on the hood release, while the other guy springs the hood and cuts one wire(not sure what it was). The wheel well man simply "jimmy'ed" the door. It took them 15 secs and almost a "chirp" from my alarm. FYI
Old 04-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

there are also places where you can order universal keys for different car companies. could explain why only hondas are getting stolen, but i dont know.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I am a parts manager at a local Honda dealership and if you come to my department with a VIN number and want a key cut you will be told that you need to have a title, registration or insurance document that has your name and the VIN on it. You also need a picture ID and of course you need to be the owner. But I will tell you this. Any of the newer Hondas with the immobilzer system on them can not be started by a key cut by VIN. You would have to have an original key to jump the code to or you would have to have the car with you to reprgam the entire system. What can happen though is that the thieves are cutting a normal key by VIN and breaking into the car and using the key to unlock the steering wheel and then push the vehicle to where they want it. From there they could have it towed or whatever they plan to do with it. Even better, the ignition on the S2000 is a digital system along with the immobilizer system being integrated into the ecu. This car is vitually unstartable without the proper programmed key. The only other possible way to start the S2000 is to have a properly cut key and the brake code to bypass the immobilizer system. Honda dealerships, under no circumstance, are to give out this code. The code is also different for every vehicle with the immobilzer system. But then again, who is to say that the thieves don't work at a dealership or have connections there. There are just too many possibilities to sit and try to figure it out. But the bottom line is that they are getting inside information to be doing what they are doing.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

LightY3arZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Some guys at the Honda dealership showed me how somebody stole my 99 Civic SI. The demonstration involved 2 guys! One guy went through the driver's side wheel well, pulling hard on the hood release, while the other guy springs the hood and cuts one wire(not sure what it was). The wheel well man simply "jimmy'ed" the door. It took them 15 secs and almost a "chirp" from my alarm. FYI
Which dealership was this, and which guys? They could be suspects. Anyways, hearing that is just more reason for all of you guys to relocate your hood cables.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
for you guys with 96-00 civics and ntegs i would look at custom work for entry in to your car and powering your alarms, mostly because your car is really easy to get into, along with 88-91 civics and 90-93 tegs. just remember honda made cars are easy to steal. one thing people may want to look into is a starter bi-pass alarm with a second or maybe third power source, or a engine kill switch run by a second key. i did the second one on my hatch in cali, and my sh!t never got stolen, but where you put the second key is the trick, and how you wire it also. remember if you put money into it someone out there is going to want to take it out of your car. just some advice.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Jungle Boogie

Jester_Si has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by blasko
nope, remeber that cool old ass ultraprincess has been doing it for 10 years., he acts like he pioneered that shit. congrats ultra on inventing the tape on the VIN theory , you so damn cool.

all i did was try to give some usefull info to the people who dont want their shit stolen. why you gotta be a prick about it. it looks like your old as shit and with all those posts you spend too much time talking about cars with younger guys. get a job. or a life.

Looks to me like he wasn't even talking to your ass? Smartguy!
He was talking about grounding out the battery to eliminate an alarm. Great for stealing stereo's, horrible for stealing cars!

Quick Reply: i found how all the cars are getting stolen quietly