Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need a career. Stat.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default I need a career. Stat.

Well I hate my job. I work retarded hours, I work all weekend long and i'm not making enough money to be working all weekend long.

I'm 23 years old, I worked for Cox Communications as a tech for a year (cable, limited phone experience), and now I work for Alltel in Tech Support.

I really want to get in apprenticeship type deal (I would try the shipyard, but they only hire once a year and I didnt apply last year like I should have), preferably in something that will allow me to go pretty much anywhere and make a job. I've been really looking for an electrician's or electronics type apprenticeship or even entry level job that'll teach me what to do, but I'm not set on that provided its something I can build a future out of.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dont say go back to school, because i'm not going to. I hate school, and school hates me. Now if its classes I need to take for an apprenticeship, I can do that. But i'm not going to school full time.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.
Default Re: I need a career. Stat.

Hey, I'm in the EXACT same boat.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
Well I hate my job. I work retarded hours, I work all weekend long and i'm not making enough money to be working all weekend long.

I'm 23 years old, I worked for Cox Communications as a tech for a year (cable, limited phone experience), and now I work for Alltel in Tech Support.

I really want to get in apprenticeship type deal (I would try the shipyard, but they only hire once a year and I didnt apply last year like I should have), preferably in something that will allow me to go pretty much anywhere and make a job. I've been really looking for an electrician's or electronics type apprenticeship or even entry level job that'll teach me what to do, but I'm not set on that provided its something I can build a future out of.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dont say go back to school, because i'm not going to. I hate school, and school hates me. Now if its classes I need to take for an apprenticeship, I can do that. But i'm not going to school full time.
ever thought of the military? full-time and they have programs to help you with school. Im in the same boat(but I have experience with nothing but cars ) and am considering the air force.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

I'm in the same boat, too. Except I don't even have a job at the present time. And I can't join the military.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:47 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Spindrift
ever thought of the military? full-time and they have programs to help you with school. Im in the same boat(but I have experience with nothing but cars ) and am considering the air force.
I thought about it. If I go anything, it'll probably be Coast Guard.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:26 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I know the feeling...
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Shawn how about law enforcement? My friend was talking to a Chief Deputy in the VB Sheriff's dept and he said they are looking at hiring 17 new recruits, but are only expecting to find 10. My friend's putting in his application now.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

What ever you pursue, make it something you enjoy.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Originally Posted by eluam
Shawn how about law enforcement? My friend was talking to a Chief Deputy in the VB Sheriff's dept and he said they are looking at hiring 17 new recruits, but are only expecting to find 10. My friend's putting in his application now.
You know, i've thought alot about that. I really dont know why I havent done it yet, I used to want to be a cop as a kid pretty much until like 10th grade.

I probably should do it. I talked at length with one of the detectives who trained the Norfolk police academy when I was working at pep boys, and he said pretty much the main thing people fail for is shooting and the wrestling portion. I can shoot pretty good, and I'm big enough to hold my own in wrestling, and I used to be an offensive lineman.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Originally Posted by XCELR8
What ever you pursue, make it something you enjoy.
Thats what I'm trying to do. I'm not looking for tons of money, I did that once already with this job, and I hate it.

I want something 8-5 mon- fri if possible.

Quick Reply: I need a career. Stat.