Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need a career. Stat.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Zoom Zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky
Default Re: I need a career. Stat.

Someone clue me in on how NNSY works. I posted to the open announcement everytime a new one comes up and I hear nada. I meet all the qualifications, but something is definately not working.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

I'm biased, so I'll stay out of this. Most everyone knows where I stand with education.

You don't have to go to college to be successful. My mother has her doctorate in education and still makes the same as my dad, though he works unbelievable overtime. He did not finish college. However on the same note, my sister went to school for 12 years and now makes close to half a million a year, and I tripled my salary over the past 2 years.

Anheuser Busch is always hiring, though the process is VERY long. It can sometimes take up to a year, but once you're in, it's a lifetime job. Give them a try.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
How is working in a apprentice program to be an electrician not starting a career?
It is. I tried to call someone for an electricians apprenticeship last year sometime but never got a return. Left a message a few times.

I'll be starting an apprenticeship with NNSY in July, as long as I'm not a terrorist and not dead. Here's hoping.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by C45P312
What about what people fail before even getting in? Drug test? Polygraph? Background Investigation? etc.
That is very true, but I've never once done drugs, I have no criminal background at all, I'm not crazy, I'm not suicidal, I'm not racist, and I dont feel that I would really have an issue with those tests, but I dont know for sure.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by UNBRE4K4BLE
I'm in the same boat, too. Except I don't even have a job at the present time. And I can't join the military.
I just saw a news report the other night saying they take felons due to tough recruiting. I don't know your background but you might want to check if you're interested. If you have a medical condition they might waiver it, etc.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Who cares about the bad stuff? If you get a federal position, you're set. Great benefits with mediocre pay. What more can you ask? And isn't it like $35k starting?
Nowhere near $35k starting, but once the apprenticeship is over I can make a very good amount of money doing actual work.

Good for you. At least you aren't one of those people that have a degree and still makes threads like these.

People don't know how good they got it having a degree versus not having one.
I wish I had a degree dont get me wrong, but I couldnt find anything in school that I enjoyed doing and working towards, that is why I'm not in it.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by titz
It is. I tried to call someone for an electricians apprenticeship last year sometime but never got a return. Left a message a few times.

I'll be starting an apprenticeship with NNSY in July, as long as I'm not a terrorist and not dead. Here's hoping.
Good move! That's where I work. Great benefits and job security.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Originally Posted by Saint Caligula
I'm biased, so I'll stay out of this. Most everyone knows where I stand with education.

You don't have to go to college to be successful. My mother has her doctorate in education and still makes the same as my dad, though he works unbelievable overtime. He did not finish college. However on the same note, my sister went to school for 12 years and now makes close to half a million a year, and I tripled my salary over the past 2 years.

Anheuser Busch is always hiring, though the process is VERY long. It can sometimes take up to a year, but once you're in, it's a lifetime job. Give them a try.
Wait are you making 100k a year working for a beer company? I know they pay well my friend was a stocker and made 12 an hour starting.

Anywho i plan to just get a steady job with a large company and at the same time get my associates in criminal justice. Hopefully i can make the kind of money half the people on this board do. If not i always think i will have more fun
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Originally Posted by audiS4_apr
Good move! That's where I work. Great benefits and job security.
Thats what I've heard from a few people on here, and thats what I'm looking forward to. Not to mention NOT having to deal with customers.

Its not all about the money for me if I'm starting something that I can eventually make more on and I enjoy doing. I'm taking a $10k+ a year paycut to start this, but I think it'll be worth it in a couple of years.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by Kaedenky
Someone clue me in on how NNSY works. I posted to the open announcement everytime a new one comes up and I hear nada. I meet all the qualifications, but something is definately not working.
Probably because the government hiring system sucks. You need to have tons of key words in your resume. A standard resume that you would use for most jobs doesn't have enough key words in it for government hiring.

Quick Reply: I need a career. Stat.