Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need a career. Stat.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: I need a career. Stat.

Originally Posted by titz
It is. I tried to call someone for an electricians apprenticeship last year sometime but never got a return. Left a message a few times.

I'll be starting an apprenticeship with NNSY in July, as long as I'm not a terrorist and not dead. Here's hoping.
I know it is, the post I quoted sounded like he was trying to knock a pretty damn good trade.

Good look with the shipyard Shawn.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Zoom Zoom

Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
No resume is going to help you if you can't interview worth a fuck. If you can't get a job at the shipyard, you're a real piece of shit.

I've interviewed people with a great paper resume that didn't get hired because they interviewed horrible.
I think I interview well. The last three I have had I was told I was a great candidate before I left. I am currently gainfully employed as a contractor in Dahlgren. I just don't like the area and want to get back home.

99% of the problem is likely I have only been at my current job 6 months. I was at my previous one for 2 years. I get asked why I want to job change so soon, and I usually say I am not fond of Dahlgren and want to move closer to family. When I took the job I was just too excited about going some where new.

As for NNSY I just never get a call back and I use the USAJOBS website. I think the problem there is my resume isn't tailored to thier checklist.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

I thought about it. If I go anything, it'll probably be Coast Guard.
You gotta drop some lbs first brother, and the wait for active duty is 18months but reserve is 0 months wait.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:07 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

shawn, im thinking of applying to the vbeach pd in september, the benefits are great, you can advance, pay is decent for a single guy. haha

you earn (annually) $36,600 during academy training which is 24 weeks (6 months) so you ACTUALLY earn roughly $18,300 during that 6 months (before taxes)

and once you graduate they increase you 5% to $38,400 annually. (which does not include earnings from paid overtime or court time. and all the uniforms and equipment are supplied for you.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:42 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Yeah I've looked into that alot before, but Im gonna see how this shipyard deal works out. If I dont enjoy it there, I'm probably gonna try to go the PD route, but probably Norfolk or Chesapeake, fuck VB.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, welding is of a huge demand right now and the Shipyard would be a great program to get experience in it with the hands-on apprentice-style training. Welders make pretty decent money with a good verse of experience in their pocket. I was just reading about welding being a much desired skill as of late.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 AM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

Yeah I've looked into that alot before, but Im gonna see how this shipyard deal works out. If I dont enjoy it there, I'm probably gonna try to go the PD route, but probably Norfolk or Chesapeake, fuck VB.
well my little sister's bf just got a job at the ship yard making bank..... "GRIFFIN" on the forums... PM him if you have any questions
Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

Originally Posted by SinceNine19
Honestly, welding is of a huge demand right now and the Shipyard would be a great program to get experience in it with the hands-on apprentice-style training. Welders make pretty decent money with a good verse of experience in their pocket. I was just reading about welding being a much desired skill as of late.
Online Beginning Welding course - FREE
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by SinceNine19
I dont think that I can sit and stare at a welder all day long 8+ hours a day. I'd love to learn to weld, but I think that doing it all day long every single day would be tedious and drive me insane.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
smuggling grapes

Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O Speed-O

I'd love to learn to weld.
Originally Posted by naMfOrelliK

Quick Reply: I need a career. Stat.