Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need a career. Stat.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: I need a career. Stat.

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
Thats what I'm trying to do. I'm not looking for tons of money, I did that once already with this job, and I hate it.

I want something 8-5 mon- fri if possible.
That doesn't happen as a rookie in law enforcement...
Old 06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
That doesn't happen as a rookie in law enforcement...
well I know that much. It also doesnt happen to someone in the coast guard who just signs up either i'm sure.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

www.ask4hr.com
Old 06-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Air Force
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM
PoNtEeN4

Henryx33 has disabled reputation

I work at Cavalier Telephone and they are hiring all the time. We just hired 5 new techs.

Title: I&M Technician - Norfolk, VA

Duties: The I&M Norfolk division is seeking an experienced I&M Technician. Responsibilities include installing, repairing and troubleshooting POTS, ISDN & DSL.

Qualifications: Must have experience with industry standard wiring practices. Working knowledge of telecommunications standards and practices with regard to installation and maintenance of lines is required. This position requires approval to operate a company vehicle which includes a minimum age requirement of twenty-one along with a driving record report and background check. Please do not apply if you are not willing to work weekends and overtime as well as travel overnight on occasion
Old 06-01-2007, 04:51 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I've never done any of that though. I was just a cable tech at Cox, and I have zero internet troubleshooting experience, and only a couple jobs worth of Telephone troubleshooting experience.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM
in another castle.

zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle

i'm in the same boat too. and i actually went to college.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
Well I hate my job. I work retarded hours, I work all weekend long and i'm not making enough money to be working all weekend long.

I'm 23 years old, I worked for Cox Communications as a tech for a year (cable, limited phone experience), and now I work for Alltel in Tech Support.

I really want to get in apprenticeship type deal (I would try the shipyard, but they only hire once a year and I didnt apply last year like I should have), preferably in something that will allow me to go pretty much anywhere and make a job. I've been really looking for an electrician's or electronics type apprenticeship or even entry level job that'll teach me what to do, but I'm not set on that provided its something I can build a future out of.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dont say go back to school, because i'm not going to. I hate school, and school hates me. Now if its classes I need to take for an apprenticeship, I can do that. But i'm not going to school full time.

the shipyard (i assume youre talking about n.n.) apprentice school hires twice a year. right now the bush is about 10 months behind so theyre looking for experienced labor. i do i.t. (communications, pretty much what you did for cox, installing and hooking up communications systems) and were pretty much the furthest department behind right now because were so short handed. what i'm doing right now is working as a laboror while my application is being processed and i hope to be accepted to the apprentice school in the fall. it's an idea, if you dont mind being a yard bird for awhile
Old 06-01-2007, 05:17 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Are you talking about the Norfolk Naval shipyard in Portsmouth, or the Shipyard in Newport News?

To be honest, I've heard nothing but bad stuff about the one in Newport News, and this is by people who work there and people who work at the Norfolk Naval shipyard.

But right now I'm really up for just about anything.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:57 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

So I've been on the Northrup Grummand website, and I'm kind of weary about putting in an app now because of "Applicants must also request that their high school or equivalent and any post-secondary schools forward official transcripts to: "

I kinda stopped going to TCC for the last semester (probably 6 credits worth) because of work and other things going on, so I probably got bad grades in those classes. If I apply, I hope that doesnt kill my chances

Quick Reply: I need a career. Stat.