Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

An idea to benefit everyone.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4
Default An idea to benefit everyone.

There is a video in the off the topic section that gave me an idea, its probably been thought of before but i dont know if its ever been pursued, so here it is. We have seven cities full or racers and ricers, the closest track is almost 1hr away but is not relaxed and layed back. What if we had a spot, a TRUE spot: my definition of the spot is where we hang out on the weekend without influence of the police, we can pump the music, bullshit, what ever we do on saturday nights when we meet up but instead of taking the race to 64 when someone want a piece, the track is only 20feet away???
Would you pay $3 to chill, race and sit around most of the night bullshiting till 3am or so, knowing you can race anyone you want, all you want?
This is where i need you guys' help, this area is pretty old and there are some folks on here that know the area pretty damn well, especially the old heads thats lived here all their life.

1. I need to find an old airstrip, it might be run down or over grown with grass and bush but its still open space with pavement. This would be the best bet !

2. Second option is, i need to know the locations of some small airports, not Norfolk int, or Newport New int but an airstrip that sees minimal traffic that can afford to shut down one strip on a friday and saturday night. I know for a fact that there are some around here locally that are privately owned.

This will be lagit, i will go thru the city courts and commissions to have this open, i will also seek backing from local business for very minor contributions to get the thing off the ground if everythinig falls thru. I seriously see the city have no problem besides one:

1. They will cut down on reckless driving and racing which we are about 45-50% responsible for

2. They city will know that we will all be in ONE spot, they dont have officers on the road getting frustrated braking up people racing on back streets, in residential areas, or doing burnouts in parking lots

3. Opening this track will be a safety measure to cut back, not completely erase the problem of street racing. we all know there are young assholes out there that cannot resist racing a acura legend, a ups truck or a freight train.

4. one problem i see is, we might cut back the police's quota which we happily provide too.<<<----but this might be a good and bad thing.

I dont want to hear any BULLSHIT from anyone, im really serious about this. If you have any information that might help me out, please PM me and dont post. Any positive or negative feedback about this would be greatly appreciated, i want to know where i stand with this idea because i start pursuing monday morning.

This track will be for everyone, from riced to the iced, to hang out. it will be for EVERYONE to chill-lax and have fun.

Lastly, if anyone can pull me some current satellite photos in sectors of the seven cities area, i will pay for them.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall
Default Re: An idea to benefit everyone.

Good luck, it's been tried before. Sung set up a site (757ontrack.com) a few years ago. It's main goal was to try and get some sort of a track around here. Everybody pretty much just lost interest after finding out how difficult it was going to be. What would you do about insurance? I doubt the city is going to be funding probably 1mil plus per year for insurance just so some people can race their cars here. If you're really serious about it, then I say go for it and see what can be done.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
1. They will cut down on reckless driving and racing which we are about 45-50% responsible for.
That would be the number one reason why the state wont allow it. They depend on our moving violations to survive.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

im not looking to do it all by myself.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

dude im behind you 100% and i know some others that r as well.u may want to look into old pungo airfeild.i know it is no longer in use and scca runs there already and could probably be rented out.umm...the only problem is that it may not be large enough and that is pretty badly run down.i havent been in awhile so i dont really remember how much space there is but im sure soem of the auto x guys do.there is also fentress airfield buti think the gov.owns that cuz i do believe the military uses it as a training facility.just some ideas
Old 04-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

suffolk airport off of 58......
Old 04-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

is the old suffolk dragstrip still around???? maybe it can be resurrected
Old 04-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

fmstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

not to be a killjoy, but from a realistic standpoint whoever owns whichever air strip you chose isn't going to want to be liable for 100 people racing every night and potentially getting in wrecks, etc and suing the owner for wrongful death, negligence, etc etc etc. No one is going to want to fork out the money for insurance just so a bunch of local guys can race on their property, and trying to get everyone to sign a waiver would 1.) be a pain in the ass and 2.) be nearly impossible to implement when you have random people showing up
Old 04-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

well there will be a # of people showing up every weekend.i mean anyone who went to any of the meets around here.depending on the city.usually saw the same cars week in and week out.yeah sometimes there would be some different stuff out there each weekend but for the most part a lot of it was the same people.and the insurance would be an issue but the insurance on an airport has got to be high as shit anyway.i mean unless it is no longer in use.shit you could even have a release type form at the gate for the wrongful death and stuff.like a drive at ur own risk type thing
Old 04-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

i was planning on EVERYone thats goin race will sign a waiver, no if ands or buts about it. This will be a hangout spot #1, but racing is at your own risk..like it is on the street.

So far i got

old pungo airfeild (where is this located)???
old suffolk dragstrip (is there such a thing)???

Quick Reply: An idea to benefit everyone.