Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

An idea to benefit everyone.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:31 AM
enya mouf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU
Default Re: An idea to benefit everyone.

I took a ride out there about 4 years ago and couldn't see much from the overgrowth . It was also rumored that someone was using the place as a heliport but I didn't see evidence of it . I think the area that was used as a dragstrip was the widest area ... going left to right on the bottom pic with the open area as the pits . I have seen pics of that entire area but am going on memory only . Maybe I can get pops to dig up some of the slides . And I dont remember the area being underwater . I just remember it being short . When the cars started going faster , it got really dangerous . There was no way to expand . I think most people would be happy enough with an 1/8th mile anyway . ( beggers cant be choosers ! )

I'm not gonna BS you .... that place is OUT there and not exactly easy to find ! ( which could be a good thing ) . It would take alot of class participation to get this done . It's been tried many times before and was stalled by either loss of interest or endless red tape . There are 12K registered members on this site which probably only about a 1/3rd are active members at best . It would take a joint effort from those 4K members and every one of their friends to make this happen . It's a long shot at best , but I can be a positive thinker ! ( of course , I'm not holding my breath ! )

Last edited by DeezUU; 04-14-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

It may just be me, but I don't like the Creeds location. It just doesn't look to be too practical. Yes, the stuff is already there, but like you said the condition of the runway is pretty much unknown. And if that was used, it would need to be one big open area, not with all of the trees everywhere. I know when we talked about it the first time around, we came up with a few locations. I believe one was the old Suffolk drag strip. May want to look into that. I'm not sure, but for some reason I just don't like the looks of the Creeds one.

But I'm glad someone is actually taking serious initiative on this one.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 AM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't read it fully, but could be insightful for our cause?

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA...1/10210787.htm
Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 AM
I Piss Excellence

Another pic of the Creeds Airfield:

Also:
The Virginia Beach Police Department also maintain the only remaining aviation use of the airfield:

a 500' x 175' portion of Runway 3/21 is occasionally used for operations by their Bell 206B helicopters,

and is designated "Creeds Heliport" (VA64).

Although the Airport Facility Directory lists two helicopters as being based at the facility,

there is no evidence at the site to suggest any aircraft are currently based there.
Cort Tompkins reported in 2004, "the Virginia Beach (and formerly Princess Anne County) Sheriff's Department

(and now also Virginia Beach Police Department) up until very recently used a berm

in that airstrip area as a firing range.

Due to complaints from newly-arrived residents (and reports of bullets discovered in nearby homes),

the city is now constructing an alternate range in North Carolina.

Further, while the Police Department may land their helicopters at Creeds from time to time,

they are not stationed there (they're farther north, near the municipal center)."
Sounds like we'd have even more trouble with getting a Drag Strip there.

Last edited by Shive; 04-14-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:15 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
im not looking to do it all by myself.
i'll help....let me know what i can do i know some city officials and alot of cops in yorktown, newport news and va beach area. i also know a lot of companies tryin to get there name out and about
Old 04-14-2005, 09:27 AM
enya mouf

This is about how far it usually gets .... then everything seems to lose momentum . Everyone finds out who owns what and that the city won't give in . Then ... in another 6 months , someone will resurrect the idea and it's back to square 1 !

I'd almost say it would be just as easy to find a peice of land somewhere for about $150K-$300K and lay some pavement on it yourself .
Old 04-14-2005, 09:34 AM
I Piss Excellence

Originally Posted by DeezUU
This is about how far it usually gets .... then everything seems to lose momentum . Everyone finds out who owns what and that the city won't give in . Then ... in another 6 months , someone will resurrect the idea and it's back to square 1 !

I'd almost say it would be just as easy to find a peice of land somewhere for about $150K-$300K and lay some pavement on it yourself .
Yea. After looking at all of the abandoned airfields in the area (from here to williamsburg), I found a few that COULD have been suitable, but in the past couple of years were developed.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

anyone know who officially owns creed's.is it the city?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drive
anyone know who officially owns creed's.is it the city?
Yes. We need to know. any listed owners? I didnt find one in google.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:48 AM
enya mouf

That's gonna require GPS coordinates ( aka long / lat ) and a visit to the library to put in a records request .

Quick Reply: An idea to benefit everyone.