Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

An idea to benefit everyone.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: An idea to benefit everyone.

This mornings update. As I said earlier, and I hold my word always. I will help as much as I can with this, as long as a Road course can be constructed along with the Drag strip. I ran some numbers, the main strip- which is 2508 Ft long, is also 132 Ft wide.
How wide is the average Drag strip? Both lanes and basic sidewalls?

I will Answer my own question: 48 Ft for a drag strip.

132 - 48 = 84 Ft left over on the either side - for a road course lane with clean pavement.

am i the only excited bastard in this thread?

Last edited by DeepFreeze; 04-15-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: An idea to benefit everyone.

Roll Call. tomorrow, I want to drive out to CREEDS. maybe take a walk to the GATE.

would anyone be interested in rolling out?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

yea as long as its b4 2 i gotta work and that is all were goin to be able to do is get to the gate i mean it is locked up to the public right?i mean i will go i aint got shit else to do.check ya pm
Old 04-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Thats 2. Anyone else?
Old 04-16-2005, 04:11 AM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

CNU Car Show today man, sorry. Let us know how it is though. If you have a camera, take some pics.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Its cool. interest shall be rekindled tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:32 PM
AMERICAN INFIDEL

stablechaser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
Its cool. interest shall be rekindled tomorrow.
my two cents... I'm military at Ft. Story, originally from SC... we had this issue to deal with down in SC in 1987... back then the only imports racin were VW bugs and the occasional RX7, MR2, or Supra... Hondas, yeah right... Mitsubishi only had a truck out then if I remember correctly (or pretty close to it)... anyway, we found an old airstrip that, ironically, the sheriff's dept owned and worked it to be used on weekends.... we got support from local companies and were able to purchase what we needed to get it done ... we had to put up lights all the way down the track, every 200ft, and we had to buy the xmas tree, staging lights and trap lights... we were lucky when it came to the paving of the track though... that was a freebie from one of the guys dad... he owned a contracting company... my point is it can be done.... I like the Road course thing too... I'll help design that if you want... gotta couple layouts in my head just from looking at the aerials now... when we finally got it open, we had from 100-300 people every night (weekends)... they still charge $2 per person to get in and $8 to race all night.... I don't see where too much more than this would be out of line now... maybe $3 per persone and $10 to race... that would be $25 for me with the wife and 3 kids in tow... being 17 yrs old back then, I wasn't able to due much but manual labor... being 35 now, I am not looking forward to weilding a shovel... but if there is anything you need, let me know... if I can, I will...
Old 04-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4

PROGRESS REPORT: I know im not smart enough to pull this off on my own, i've gotten help from a friend that owns his own web publishing company and he's helping me to get organized. He seems to know how to get at the city for this, he basically doesnt want to have a point of attack directly for the city of VB, but to show that in everyway this will be a benefit to the city and its community and to show how it will bring revenue to VA beach. I will keep everyone filled in, i cant pass along too many details right now because i dont want anyones hopes to get too high, but some filing of paperwork will begin this week. ( i was waiting to get paid )
Old 04-17-2005, 05:42 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
PROGRESS REPORT: I know im not smart enough to pull this off on my own, i've gotten help from a friend that owns his own web publishing company and he's helping me to get organized. He seems to know how to get at the city for this, he basically doesnt want to have a point of attack directly for the city of VB, but to show that in everyway this will be a benefit to the city and its community and to show how it will bring revenue to VA beach. I will keep everyone filled in, i cant pass along too many details right now because i dont want anyones hopes to get too high, but some filing of paperwork will begin this week. ( i was waiting to get paid )
Good Luck. I'm excited, but I'm also gonna believe it when I see it. I'm all for it though.

P.S. Your sig is sweet.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Just out of curiosity, if it this project gets far enough, will some sort of petition be necessary to help push this initiative forward?

If so, I'll be one to help on that part. I'd stand in front of malls to people saying "Would you like your children to be safer? By signing this petition you will help decrease the chance of some random reckless street racer from killing your family in your Dodge Caravan by supporting them a place to legally race around here."

Haha, I can imagine the looks on their faces. But I'm sure they would agree with this intiative. It does keep the roads safer when you think about it. I know for me, once I get enough races in for one day, I'm done and I fulfilled my "speed hormones". Basically it's like getting your sex fix for the day, haha.

PM me with anything you feel I could lend a hand to doing.

Quick Reply: An idea to benefit everyone.