Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

An idea to benefit everyone.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: An idea to benefit everyone.

Update for Monday April 18th. (if it isnt the 18th, let me know,long night last night)

Facts so Far:
Roads must be repaved. No if, ands or buts- anyone with contractor status-PLEASE chime in to help.

I already stated: about 3300 x 3000 Ft to work with.

I am helping with the idea a Road course is also a primary Goal in this grand design.

If push comes to shove- can help get a building (s) roofed and built. This is part of my contribution.

Qwiksillva- Get that petition started. the Cumminity speaks volumes- lets make sure they are saying the right thing.

Can anyone Else do some work here? maybe get the water table plans, I know that no runway can be built without water table being low, and runoff high, so it never floods. but that was when it was built. we need something current. there are over 200 people in and out of here- lets get this going people.

Chris, BlackSRT, and the others...lets stay focused.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

We need someone of respect and high standing in the community to be for this.

I know one of us has a parent that ranks high in the military. If we can get one of them to speak for this movement city council will take it seriously. That is the first thing we need to focus on.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Default List of to Do's:

Track List:

To do: Safety of spectators and racers , safety requirements (ie helmets, vehicle), insurance, liability/waivers, Wrecker Service, Track maintenance, vehicle inspections, Security (ie sheriff?), road paving contractor, Road Course Ideas? Send them to me,

To be done: Cost of Ownership report (anyone a business major?), personnel costs, zoning? Is this business, commercial class A? residential (someone needs to find out)

Goals already accomplished: We want a safe place to Run and possibly hang out, or do we want to just own the land and do nothing with it? My point- if this isn’t going to become a full fledged track, its pointless. Hangout spots are all over the place- we don’t have nearly enough tracks. We have the space to build anything reasonable!

What we already know: We need backing from shops- anyone getting on this? Maybe someone who works nights? Visit some shops.

Facts: RESULTS- Actual measurements:
ironically, the measurements are takin with the Main Hangers angled Right from the main road.

North -> Southwest Strip is 2541 Ft long - Plenty for a Drag strip.
Main Strip-> 2508 Ft - again, plenty for a 1/4 mile Drag Strip. THIS IS IDEAL simply because you can turn LEFT and Exit the facility, or get back in line. Width 132 ft. minus 48 feet for two lane track. 84 Ft left for Road Course lane.

East -> West strip - 2540 Ft. still plenty of space.
Hanger Lane-> 2244 Ft. plenty for parking and general BS.

Total land FROM the scale map says 3000x3300 FT

Coordinates- UTM 18 (36.6056°N, 76.0048°W) (WGS84/NAD83)

List of possible sponsors- I do not know most of these people personally- some of them I will talk to *myself*.
*Elite Auto Collision Center*
*Hectors Tires and Rims*
BAPGeon
Pep Boys
Merchants/Tire Kingdome
Meineke Muffler
Tire House and Rims
Lee's Tire
Tread Quarters- Dean

Abacus Racing
Direct Performance- Jimmy
Street Motorsports
Millenium
AutoDemics
Performance Unlimited
MAS
HoleShot

Discount Autosound
Go-Ho autoaudio
Sound Shop
Autosound & Security
USA Discounters

Mercedes Benz Philips Oldsmobile
Checkered Flag BMW/Honda/Volkswagen
Hall Honda/Acura - Ed- should be the service manager
Priority Acura
Beach Ford
RK Chevy/Subaru - Brett (works as Manager Subaru Dept)

So far- I have a few goals, and what not to keep us focused.BlackSRT- put these in the first thread. ANYONE who can help out definitely- assign yourself a task- and post up the result.

Roads must be repaved. No if, ands or buts- anyone with contractor status-PLEASE chime in to help.

I already stated: about 3300 x 3000 Ft to work with.

I am helping with the idea a Road course is also a primary Goal in this grand design.

If push comes to shove- can help get a building (s) roofed and built. This is part of my contribution.

Qwiksillva- Get that petition started. the Cumminity speaks volumes- lets make sure they are saying the right thing.

Originally Posted by ClipsnStock
We need someone of respect and high standing in the community to be for this.

I know one of us has a parent that ranks high in the military. If we can get one of them to speak for this movement city council will take it seriously. That is the first thing we need to focus on.
exactly. but we shouldnt lapse on any of the other prime points. can we get a Mod to edit the first post to have The above info in it, so we can keep a track of whats going?

Last edited by DeepFreeze; 04-18-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

well i just sent a long and detailed email to wavy ten to try and assist and expose this project and i will ask everyone that i know at ati that work in shops to talk to theyre managers and/or owners and try to get some sponsership for it.i will draw up some plans for a track layout tonite when i get home from work and i will also see if i can get assistance from lookout drift.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:22 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
We need backing from shops- anyone getting on this? Maybe someone who works nights? Visit some shops.
What do you mean backing. Financial or just words. I can get some shops, including a couple of dealerships to agree.

Just let me know what to do. I just don't understand your definition of "backing".
Old 04-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by supra8215
What do you mean backing. Financial or just words. I can get some shops, including a couple of dealerships to agree.

Just let me know what to do. I just don't understand your definition of "backing".
Backing- financial assistance (i dont need anyones funds yet- only a solid word, they will assist- something on paper, a commitment.

Backing- to do research, not just financial. Has anyone found any pricing on paving? some kind of contractor?

Know that stuff they just laid down AT independence and VA beach blvd? thats good shit.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

emails to scca corvette club and lookout drift sent.off to work ill update on replies when recieved.i will also talk to mr.tomlin who runs ati.and my old teacher at votech.im sure automotive school backing would help greatly
Old 04-18-2005, 09:57 AM
tC

Gmoney has disabled reputation

Seven City Scions is a sancitoned car club for scions. Ill talk to the pres today and see if we can do anything to help!!!!!! Ill back this all i can!!!!! even if it means getting out there and doing some manual labor!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

I think in order to get financial aid from Shops, dealerships, or anything of that matter, we need to make some kind of a contract saying that the money donated will be going towards a legal raceway and not just going into some guys/kids pocket. If we can get something like that going i can give on to my dad he is a finance (sp?) manager at green gifford nissan.

Edit: another shop to add to the list would be All Aspects motorsports they are located in chesapeake and the owener as well as family are car enthusiasts, and im sure they would be more than happy to help out if they can.

Last edited by Tarzan Bakerada; 04-18-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

NEW THREAD: i created this because BlackSRT is online less than I am. I can more easily update data and accomplished tasks more than he can.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...77#post1469277

Quick Reply: An idea to benefit everyone.