Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ideas for wedding reception location

Old 10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
ken
UTRASP33D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken
Default ideas for wedding reception location

looking for some ideas on good places to having a wedding reception in virginia beach/norfolk area. need it to accomadate 250-350 people... ideas anyone? the wedding is next year, but i heard you should make reservations a year or so in advance.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx
Default Re: ideas for wedding reception location

just throwing out ideas that I used for our wedding-

shriners/masons halls (usually a pretty good deal)
any college hall/cafeteria (usually have good catering deals to go along with it)
VFW (also cheap, with good catering options, if military, will get a very good deal)

check some wedding books out, i'll sort through mine to see if I can find some more ideas. your future bride to be should have one laying around somewhere- check in there too!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
ken
UTRASP33D

ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken ken

those are kinda my idea places, but she is thinking some places like the chrysler, bot. gardens, maybe the contemporary art center va beach... thanks alot for the help.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:31 PM
3VOLVED

PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF

not exactly virginia beach, but this place is very nice
http://www.martinvineyards.com
tasteful, and ur not far from alcohol
family owned, so it would be more personal
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

just throwing out a few: contemp. art center, botanical gardens, any of the hotels at oceanfront or waterside, va beach convention center, blah bluh blah.

and yes, i've been to weddings at all of them, and they each have their pros/cons

protip - now would be a good time to try to book all related vendors (dj, photographer, videographer, etc.) and locations.

and for the love of god, get a coordinator. seriously. don't get a family friend to do it either.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Do it at a hotel. That way all of the guests don't have to drive when they're lit up from the 'excitement'. They are always the best ones.

Perhaps the old Cavalier Hotel at the beach?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

yeah, actually if you're looking to have a lot of out of town guests, it would be good to rent a ballroom at a hotel.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 PM
.V

lLOlRlElN has disabled reputation

I've heard of these phat ass gardens at vcu. if that helps any
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

I'd go with a hotel ballroom as well.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

were having our ceremony and reception at chrysler musem of art,its definitely gorgeous but they can only accomodate like 150-175 people if i remember right. Were only gonna be at 100 people so we should be fairly comfortable....and just to give you some info on it...its $4500 for 5 hours beginning on april 1st, and i think it runs through november, from december through march its 4k for 5 hours and $250 each additional half hour. The hours are 6:30-11:30 pm, those are the only avalable hours since they are open to the public prior, you cant drink red wine in the tiffany gallery, if you want to have red wine in huber court (the main hall) its a 500 dollar fee, you have to use Cuisine and Company as your caterer since they are the chryslers exclusive caterer, and let me tell you what they lady that we are dealing with is absolutely the shittiest person ive ever dealt with,and not to mention cuisine and company is the most expensive caterer around...you do however have the optiion of providing your own alcohol which saves some money but of coure you have to use cuisine and company barteners and youll have to apply for your temporary abc liquor license. youll need 500,000 in insurance for the day of, and the only thing the chrysler provides is tables and some shitty chairs which you wont want to use cause there ugly as sin. There sound system is crap and can only play one cd at a time so i would do what were doing and hire some musicians. youll also need a certified planner to run it.The place is gorgeous and it doesnt even really need to be decorated, but its expensive and a pain in the ass at some points, but its all worth it in the end

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 10-24-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: ideas for wedding reception location