Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

import scene

Old 09-30-2003, 06:17 AM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by Honda-S2000
everyone wants to say OH FUCK THAT, I AINT NO RICER, ID RATHER SIT MY ASS IN A BAR OR PARTY FOR THE 50th WEEKEND IN A ROW.
Actually, I would rather go to sleep sometimes, but that's just me.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Mr.2 - You say that you do not want to talk to someone who knows nothing about real performance and only knows media driven performance designed to make a quick dollar. (Who does not think APC is getting rich....lol). This is how I will tell you things are in my opinion. It is only an opinion and we all know how that goes so you can read it and if you don't agree with me you can tell me why in a educated way. Otherwise, I really just don't give a fuck. I usually stay out of ricer conversations because it is all a bunch of bullshit that goes nowhere most of the time.

To the point. Media has made an image of style that many young impressionable minds are striving to obtain because they think it will make them cool and help them get laid or whatever. Therefore companies make stupid shit to sell them. It is a fad at the moment and will pass with time when the next big fad comes out. Take skateboarding for example - in the 80's it blew up and you had every kid in the world trying to skate but most of them ended up carrying their boards around trying to look cool. What happen, the fad died and what you had left were the kids who had a true passion for it who went and found someone who could skate and begged and pleaded with them to teach them something. Then they actually learned something. Those kids probably went on to become excellent skaters and to this day still enjoy grinding a rail. So the next time someone comes up to you be polite with them and make them think that they have a chance and hand them their ass. When it is over talk to them again and still be polite and try to educate them a little about form and what your "beliefs" are about the automotive culture as you see it is. One of two things will happen. 1. They will run their mouth because they are too ignorant to realize they just got their ass handed to them and you get to walk away going what a dumb fuck. 2. The person will be impressed because you proved you have a fast car and listen to what you have to say because you have gained their respect by proving first and then talking with them without a more holy than thou attitude of go home you dumb ricer. Let the ricers remove themselves and go find the next fad as they get bored, it will happen in time. Until then educate anyone who is willing to listen to you because you have their attention because of this media driven fad. The more people you that develop a true passion for the sport the better it becomes for you. The more demand for quality parts the better designed and more affordable parts will become.

Sorry for the long post in advance.

Last edited by SpeedJunkie; 09-30-2003 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:37 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by SpeedJunkie
Mr.2 - You say that you do not want to talk to someone who knows nothing about real performance and only knows media driven performance designed to make a quick dollar.

i understand and agree with what youre saying. i never said that i dont want to talk to someone who doesnt know about "real preformance." id be happy to talk to them and help them if needed. the people i dont want to talk to are the dumbasses who talk about their twin gt42r crx. those types are allways too stupid and stubborn to listen. help people with whatever i can whenever i can. i guess the point im trying to make is this. there are 3 types of people, as i see it, that we're talking about here: 1. the ricers. the basically allways fall into "1. They will run their mouth because they are too ignorant to realize they just got their ass handed to them and you get to walk away going what a dumb fuck." 2. the scene people. they have a good general knowledge, they really do like cars, but theyre so into preformance that they go home and look at fuel maps because they think its fun and interesting. 3. the people who do go home and look at fuel maps because they think its fun and interesting.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:40 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

i see the whole import scene as it is now as a big fad. people will allways be modding cars, theres no question about that, but imports are the in thing to do right now. most people who now have modded cars more than likely be driving around in suv's with kids in the back one day with only memorys left of any automotive tuning.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

Originally posted by Mr.2
you sound like youre trying to convince yourself.

naw man....just i'm still trying to convince myself the 14 inch wheels are cooler than the 16's i would have liked...
Old 09-30-2003, 07:55 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

i for one liked ptown... it was good times, cept for the people that din't know what the fuck they were talkin about and the few that fucked around and got shit shut down... most of you say parking lots are gay, but most of the ones that said that hung at Ptown... i think if things could get organized, there wouldn't be a problem... and all the people that sit at home or whatever every weekend would prolly start showin up
Old 09-30-2003, 08:03 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

thank you for once on this thread someone sees what im getting at. again i hear, it cant be done it cant be done. well you know what until people go out and try then i guess we'll never know. ptown sure did last long, and would still be going on if there wasnt the accident.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:05 AM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

imma ricer...shit, now im bored as hell on the weekends. i like being around cars. shit i miss Putt Putt...where everyone lined up and rolled out to wherever..madd deep going down 264 and shit but whatever. I dont mind hanging out in parking lots with other cars..some nights you see some hot shit..and some nights you laugh all night cause this black neon with lime green graphics and loud ass system thinks his car is hot...lol...but anyways....
anyone want to hang out in a parkinglot this week..i get paid this week so i can waste a tank of gas riding around and shit..hahahhahha
Old 09-30-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Mr.2,

Sorry if I came across in any wrong way, I don't know you at all and I posted that really fast as I came into work. I was saying it to everyone mainly but typed your name because of your comments about gapping spark plugs and what not. No offense to you in any way, you actually seem pretty cool and listened to what I had to say.

That comment was really towards anyone who goes around bitching about ricers all the time. No one is born with automotive knowledge. I got lucky and my best friends dad owns a shop, raced at Langley, and restored muscle cars. I will also be the first to say that I don't know near enough about cars and am always trying to learn. I did obtain a passion for cars at an early age though. I love all motorized vehicles. In the end it is all about trying to be better, I want to learn more and get help where ever I can and in return if I can teach someone something I sure as hell try. They do have to be willing to learn though.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:23 AM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

We pretty much do it every weekend. Only thing is we do it at 6 and not at 12:30 at night. The people i hang with are my friends or share the same interests and want something to do. If u want to meet up at dawn so u can all discuss the next "race" spot thats fine there are other places for it. We have invited everyone to come out and a good amount of people have. Are there ricers there? Well in some peoples opinion yes there could be but by auto definition. I'm not going to judge someone because there car needs a little work or they don't have much money to invest in there car and fell into a fad. Shit i remember my first car and the gay ass shit i did to it. But i also didn't know a damn thing, was about 16, and worked at wal-mart. Now i'm older, a little wiser, and would like to think my car is going in the right direction. Spots are fine but anyone knows that when u get a lot of people in one place then it can get out of hand. Ricer or no ricer there are still assholes out there. Stop using "rice" as an excuse to cover for stupidity and just do your thing.

Last edited by Hart-n-Sol; 09-30-2003 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: import scene