Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jet Crash

Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Jet Crash

Right Right. Isnt it the oldest runway in this area? WW2.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by ILLJIM69
VB was incorporated as a town in 1906 (people were living there way before that), base was built in 1943. I get your point, but to say that nobody lived there before the base popped up is incorrect. Would VB be as built up as it is now without Oceana? I can't say for sure. But without the cheap land, there wouldn't be cheap housing and then there wouldn't be as much ghettoness there, and the land wouldn't be so cheap if it wasn't for being in the crash zone.
wtf?

houses were not located in the designated ditch zones of the airbase before the airbase was built.

are you trying to state that no one should have lived in an entire city before an airbase was built?

did you think dinosaurs were going to fly the planes?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

wish i could give you +reps for finding the calvin and hobbes pic first.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Mr. Sunshine

ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69 ILLJIM69

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
wtf?

houses were not located in the designated ditch zones of the airbase before the airbase was built.

are you trying to state that no one should have lived in an entire city before an airbase was built?

did you think dinosaurs were going to fly the planes?
I am stating that people DID live in the area before the air station was built. I am not being specific to "ditch zones" but the whole area being flown over and the noise pollution it creates, granted it is worse in some areas than others.

EDIT - Damn, Miguel beat me to the T Rex flying, ha ha ha.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by ILLJIM69
I am stating that people DID live in the area before the air station was built. I am not being specific to "ditch zones" but the whole area being flown over and the noise pollution it creates, granted it is worse in some areas than others.

EDIT - Damn, Miguel beat me to the T Rex flying, ha ha ha.
that's the entire point. houses were built inside the designated ditch zone. it is where planes are statistically going to crash or attempt to maneuver to that area to crash land if the emergency need arises.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Drunken Irish

djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome djgruesome

+rep for Calvin & Hobbes