Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

IT Jobs in 757

Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kayballz has disabled reputation
Default IT Jobs in 757

I am a Computer tech major in college and I was always wondering how many places offer a good IT department thats good from someone either that just graduated or is still in school?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: IT Jobs in 757

I didn't know Computer tech was a major? If you're going to a tech school like ITT or ECPI, drop out and save your money and start getting experience. There are so many IT jobs in this area it's ridiculous.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
I didn't know Computer tech was a major? If you're going to a tech school like ITT or ECPI, drop out and save your money and start getting experience. There are so many IT jobs in this area it's ridiculous.
thats terrible advice! a tech school gives you the skills you need to do your job NOW. Tech schools dont make you take useless history classes and physical educations to get an IT position. He needs to stay in school and get the IT knowledge so when he begins his first IT job he wont look like a dumbass.

Do you have a resume yet? If so, send it to me, and I will pass it on to my IT guy.

fast_ls1@hotmail.com
Old 01-09-2007, 07:10 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
thats terrible advice! a tech school gives you the skills you need to do your job NOW. it doesnt make you take useless history classes and physical educations to get an IT position. He needs to stay in school and get the IT knowledge so when he begins his first IT job he wont look like a dumbass.

Do you have a resume yet? If so, send it to me, and I will pass it on to my IT guy.

fast_ls1@hotmail.com
No it's not terrible advice. Do you realize that ECPI scams for almost $30k now? If you have no experience, start off at the bottom, gain some experience and work yourself up the ladder. If you're worth a shit, it'll show and the process will be quick and you'll have that $30k in your pocket to get a good degree from a real college/school.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

its not just computer tech im just too lazy to type the whole thing in. my major is computer and information systems technology and i dont go to a tech school, I go to a 4-year university
Old 01-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

No it's not terrible advice. Do you realize that ECPI scams for almost $30k now? If you have no experience, start off at the bottom, gain some experience and work yourself up the ladder. If you're worth a shit, it'll show and the process will be quick and you'll have that $30k in your pocket to get a good degree from a real college/school.
Originally Posted by kayballz
its not just computer tech im just too lazy to type the whole thing in. my major is computer and information systems technology and i dont go to a tech school, I go to a 4-year university

Old 01-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris

I'm sorry, but being in the IT world for about 4 years now I completely agree with Mad_dohc. I have so many friends that took the ECPI, ITT, or any Tech college route, and they are having the hardest time trying to find a job. I agree the best thing is experience! You can have all a big college degree, and a millions certs, but an employer will look at someone that has hands on experience over you. I will not hire someone unless they have hands on experience because I want them to be able to work without having training. It cost time / money to train someone.

Originally Posted by kayballz
If I were you I would get experience in a shop even if its a small computer store. You need the background for an employer to trust you know the information.

Last edited by Laris; 01-09-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Love the Lord

USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
thats terrible advice! a tech school gives you the skills you need to do your job NOW. Tech schools dont make you take useless history classes and physical educations to get an IT position. He needs to stay in school and get the IT knowledge so when he begins his first IT job he wont look like a dumbass.

fast_ls1@hotmail.com
What company do you work for, I just graduated from ECPI and I'm looking around for any entry level positions.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris

Originally Posted by USMCMotorT
What company do you work for, I just graduated from ECPI and I'm looking around for any entry level positions.
What experience do you have, and what type of degree?
Old 01-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

well as of now i dont have any IT experience I am a senior about to graduate in 2 semesters and im looking for some entry level or maybe and internship or coop right now cause i really do need the experience

Quick Reply: IT Jobs in 757