Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

IT Jobs in 757

Old 01-09-2007 | 03:38 PM
Celebration Bitches!

lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams
Default Re: IT Jobs in 757

To be honest the NMCI helpdesk can be ass to work at. However with 40 plus calls a day on very common MS problems on a huge as network. You will be surprised how much knowledge and quick fixes you will learn there. Not to mention experience gained. The way I got experience was to offer to fix people shit free of charge. I would be so motivated to get experience I would fix peoples stuff without getting paid just to get troubleshooting skills. All that was before I even got my first job, and when I got my interview I did very good in troubleshooting scenerios. I was wrong on some but the tech saw the steps I did to troubleshoot to isolate problems. If you are trying to get a job put your resume everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. Do a google search on IT job searching sites. Sign up and put your resume on everyone one of them. I had my resume on like 10+ job search sites. Go to Office Max, Walmart or whatever and make business cards for yourself just to help you get going. Do whatever it takes to get started on your IT career because its better sooner then later. I got friends who got IT degrees and Certs and no experience and have crappy jobs. They barely even try to look or do anything to get there experience up. Just expect the job to walk in there lap.
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:54 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation
Default Re: IT Jobs in 757

I'm a 10yr NAVY exp. hybrid electronics engineering/IT systems with a clear TS. When I got out at my 8yr mark I looked and searched and did everything, but in 757 we are a dime a dozen. I have 10yrs exp. ,TS clearance, B.S. Info Tech, B.S Mass Communications and I still couldn't land a job. I got alot of offers but all very low pay sub $15. Then I put out my resume at Raytheon and I got picked up right away on a new project. I was 1 of 65, the only reason why I got in has because Im hybrid (ET/IT). Best bet for finding a job in this area in IT. USE THE ALEX and the VEC!!!!! They post all the jobs. Also chk raytheon.com we are always hiring...anyone know a ET/IT that wants a $24.00 hr job in NEW KENT I'll post on here when new positions open up locally, but just get out there and NETWORK!!! Oh yeah, if you go to ODU....ask for internship there, and eventually you will get a job there good pay also starting for ITs is ~55k ??? Hope that helps..