Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Kyotos at Greenbrier

Old 04-13-2005, 07:22 PM
kosher jew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Kyotos at Greenbrier

(steezo speaking)

I use to work there....worked there for 3 years, quit towards the end of the year...yea food is great, service is excellent, well somtetimes...but the way they prepare there food, not soooo good. being a busboy there, you see how they "wash and wipe" down the grills......"clean" the food, im surprised there still open due the dirtyness and poor management they have....pay was real good, and the only other good thing they had, were the hot hostess...but thats about it...every weekend I worked, I saw you guys hanging out at starbucks...
Old 04-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by bseriesbenny
(steezo speaking)

I use to work there....worked there for 3 years, quit towards the end of the year...yea food is great, service is excellent, well somtetimes...but the way they prepare there food, not soooo good. being a busboy there, you see how they "wash and wipe" down the grills......"clean" the food, im surprised there still open due the dirtyness and poor management they have....pay was real good, and the only other good thing they had, were the hot hostess...but thats about it...every weekend I worked, I saw you guys hanging out at starbucks...

Every restaurant is dirty, it happens when you produce food on a massive scale. I hate when people talk about it from first hand experience because all it does it ruin the place.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Originally Posted by bseriesbenny
(steezo speaking)

Shut the fuck up. We dont care if you sat back and pissed in the meat every night before letting it soak in the piss seasoning. We dont care to know, nor did we ask for your brilliant insight dum ass.

Diakitchi isnt an "authentic". If anything kyoto's is more authentic. And Kyoto's is a full restaraunt, not just some little hole in a wall with a sushi bar. You cant compare the two. One is a full blown japanese Steak House and one is a under qualified sushi bar.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:27 AM
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Never ever go to peters sushi in virginia beach.

you've all been warned.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:28 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Is "this old house" still around? In the strip mall across the street from Krispey Kreme?

That was the first place I ever ate sushi, and the first place I ever smoked a cigerette, alot of memories.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:32 AM
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
Every restaurant is dirty, it happens when you produce food on a massive scale. I hate when people talk about it from first hand experience because all it does it ruin the place.
No. I work at Bravo in "Downtown" Va Beach. We produce food on a MASSIVE scale and everything done there is sanitary as hell. Not everywhere is dirty, maybe just where you go Ed.

And Kyoto's is ok, but the times I was there, the food kinda sucked and so did the chef. He didn't say a word to us the whole time. Fucking gay....

Now a good Japanese Steakhouse? Shogun (First Colonial Rd in Va Beach). Period.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:43 AM
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by litlespic
Is "this old house" still around? In the strip mall across the street from Krispey Kreme?

That was the first place I ever ate sushi, and the first place I ever smoked a cigerette, alot of memories.
as far as i know it is.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Not_Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point

It's still there... I take my brother the Fantasy Escape comic shop right next to it on a weekly basis.

Kyoto's and Daikichi(sp) are a couple of the few places I haven't been to. The first place I ate real sushi at was Ginza. By 'real', I mean not the california rolls you see in the chinese buffets. Some other places that are good: Shogun(as mentioned earlier), Sumo's, Otani, Momo(I'm not a big fan, but my friend's like it), and Matsu( ).
Old 04-14-2005, 10:10 AM
RS Doscientos

Score, We should do a drag meet there, Im sure the 50 year old asian would love that!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Girly Car Pilot

SilverNB is an unknown quantity at this point

My father used to be co-owner of kyotos, and ive worked there as well as many other japanese sushi bars and steak houses, as far as grilled foods (steak, chicken, seafood etc) they are good, but for sushi if youre looking for good sushi id say go to nagoya (a little further down the road on battlefield) or Domo's on Granby Street, "hole in the wall" sushi restaurants a lot of the times end up serving the best because they focus all their efforts on sushi and not a range of food (grilled foods and sushi)

Shut the fuck up. We dont care if you sat back and pissed in the meat every night before letting it soak in the piss seasoning. We dont care to know, nor did we ask for your brilliant insight dum ass.

Diakitchi isnt an "authentic". If anything kyoto's is more authentic. And Kyoto's is a full restaraunt, not just some little hole in a wall with a sushi bar. You cant compare the two. One is a full blown japanese Steak House and one is a under qualified sushi bar.

Quick Reply: Kyotos at Greenbrier