Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

license plates :/

Old 08-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these partsEpicbeats is infamous around these parts
Default Re: license plates :/

my cars registered in FL so 1 plate for me
Old 08-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

I've had no front plate on my s2000 for just about 2 years now.

Registered in VA and been pulled for a few other traffic violations and never got a charge for no front plate.

One of the times was for expired inspection and the motorcycle cop even walked in front of my car and looked right where the plate would be. He didn't even say anything about it not being there.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 08-19-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
That only makes sense if you get rear ended. If you get into a front end collision, the plate will go forward, against the windshield.
You say it like this isn't virginia, home of rubber necking douches who rear end people.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Mines mounted in the glove box.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:05 PM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Having a front plate on your dash doesnt make it legal and you can still get pulled over.

had no front plate on my car for over a year and a half but got pulled over for that and read dmv now and its a $92 fine and said fuck that ill fight.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:06 PM
^AWESOME^

ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser ReidFraser

Mount it on your bumper or don't use it. Cars look dumb with them in the windshield.

Also, last I heard VA is going to do away with front plates because they cause the state too much to make.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:47 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by slogsr@sage
It is better to have it not on at all then to have it in the window. A Norfolk cop told me this a few years back when I had it in the front window, because in a crash the plate can become a "missle" or something that will harm you. I don't have front plates on both my cars and up until last sunday I haven't got stopped for it in 3 years. Its a stupid law if you ask me, some states don't even give out 2 plates.
The law isn't stupid. Without it you have no way of getting the plate number of someone behind you (say if he jumps out of his car at a traffic light and comes to assault/batter you for instance...). The stupid part is the shape of our license plates. If we had the long skinny plates like rest of the educated world, it wouldn't be nearly as ugly.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM
pissedoffpopularkids

kidcivicEx kidcivicEx kidcivicEx kidcivicEx

thanks for all the responses guys '
Old 08-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

I dont rock one. i've been bothered by base gate guards and when they ask me why i dont mount it, i respond with Shelbys dont come with license plate brackets. they usually just respond with oh, ok... but langley makes me put it in the window before i drive through.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

solareon has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BCisme
I dont rock one. i've been bothered by base gate guards and when they ask me why i dont mount it, i respond with Shelbys dont come with license plate brackets. they usually just respond with oh, ok... but langley makes me put it in the window before i drive through.
Same. One base guard at NOB actually threatened to write me a ticket and I was like "Sure go right ahead sir" and he let me through the gate with no ticket. If your car looks like it is supposed to be there but not they are gonna give you more flak for it. But if you remove the bracket and other bits and it looks completely flush there is less chance of being bothered.

Quick Reply: license plates :/