Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

license plates :/

Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: license plates :/

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
No you can't... State inspections are only to ensure your car is in a condition to be safely operated. You should thank god for them as well because you don't want to see the shit on the roads in states that don't have them.
Yes, states like Colorado where old cars go to die after they can't live in states with inspections.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by solareon
The inspection process is still a joke. So many crappy cars that shouldn't pass inspection but have fresh stickers on them rolling down the road. Plus all the inspection proves is the car was good to go on that day. If maybe they upped the requirements on it and removed the shady inspectors then the program would do some good. All it does now is fleece 16 bucks for each automobile you own each year + more depending on what bs shop you go to saying your headlights need to be aligned or your corner markers are too hazy.
While there may be faults with the system, go to a state that doesn't have one and work on cars for a living and wait to see the shit you see on the road... Maybe you can ask Fabrik8 how scary to know that the car behind you hasn't had the brakes looked at since the day it was purchase and it may need to stop in a hurry behind you.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Yes, states like Colorado where old cars go to die after they can't live in states with inspections.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

solareon has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by _____
Youre an idiot.
Glad the grammar Nazis are here to keep watch. Did you drop this ' ?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Thanks for the neg rep bud. Thats nice.

How are you going to say they need to "maybe they upped the requirements on it..." and at the same time say "your headlights need to be aligned or your corner markers are too hazy."

First of all, headlight aiming is something you can fail for, "foggy" corner markers no. In all my years of doing this I have never seen foggy corner marker lights, Headlights yes. Fogged over headlights is something else you can fail for.

I agree, there are some shitty things the state of Va. puts into the inspection man. but they are there for a reason and should be followed. In my opinion the only "shady" inspection stations are the ones that do not follow the book 100%

I have a very good relationship with my trooper who over sees my station and have learned over many years, that if my techs and I follow the book 100% of the time all the time, there wont be any issues.

So what do you want? A shop that followes the book, nomatter how you feel about the laws, or a shady shop, that looks past all the small things you think are stupid?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
this is why my jeep remains registered in CO, not that it wont pass. i just dont feel like dealing with the BS

if you put it in the windshield and the cop says it can become a missle... tell them you dont have any friends, so there is never anyone in the passenger seat
Old 09-08-2010, 04:32 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

sorry this is bothering me...it's missile