Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

looking for art shows and artists in the 757

Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM
formerly Black_Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken
Default Re: looking for art shows and artists in the 757

Originally Posted by TOOL
umm well doing art = no as a business. BUT doing on the side can be fun but becoming an art broker is pretty profitable. I mainly concentrated on pencil (portraits or just completely random scenes) i did a little airbrush and some paint. I have sold quite a few pieces back in the day for over the 1k mark, but you have to do what people actually want to buy.
i hear you on that one. I don't want to become a "starving artist", that profession was risky even before the economy took a doo-doo. I'd prefer something in illustration or storyboarding, but it just so happens that my curriculum for the time being is fine arts ...as for commissioned work, i guess you have to compromise lol. i'm sure it pays off though, literally and figuratively speaking
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

threeleggedrat has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Black_Man
what i'm looking for:

-anyone that has knowledge of any upcoming art shows or exhibits in the 757, along with contact info and/or knowledge of where i can register for entry

-any fellow artists in the area that are looking to network

-a printing company that can make quality prints of artwork at a reasonable cost
Stockley gardens art show for hope house, boardwalk art show, azalea gardens art show, go to craighs list under artisit My medium is oil and stained glass.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:42 AM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by threeleggedrat
Stockley gardens art show for hope house, boardwalk art show, azalea gardens art show, go to craighs list under artisit My medium is oil and stained glass.
finally lol...the hope house show's registration closed before i could finish the 2nd of my 2 potential entries, and its a shame after viewing what took home best of show last year. the other two i'll look up as far as registration. i entered the boardwalk show as a student in 05, i'm curious to see if the non-student entries will have to hang their work on that flimsy chicken-wire fence, my pieces are framed i saw the booths some artists had, but i'd only be entering 2 pieces so i don't really need all that space. thanks again! are you on deviant art or myspace?

Last edited by Fried_Chicken; 04-15-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
formerly Black_Man

well, this thread has run its course. thanks everyone for your input. mods please close