Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for a good brakes shop.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justinm91 has disabled reputation
Default Looking for a good brakes shop.

Hello. I'm new here and looking for a good brakes shop. My brake pads might need to be replaced (The car's missing the jack and I can't ffind anyone with one to lend) so I can't check. Even if the brakes are fine, my brake fluid needs to be replaced. It looks like it's never been done...

I'm looking specifically for a brakes shop.. that won't hose me or try to do any other work. This is my learning car so anything else II am doing myself. I would do this, if it wasn't for the fact that I can't find any f---ing jacks for the job.

Also, I need it in the Newport News area, preferrably near the CNU area.

(Tags expired in November.. driving far is a bad idea.)

Car: 1992-4 (unsure) Honda Civic DX

Last edited by Justinm91; 02-28-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Looking for a good brakes shop.

Custom Car Care. A little pricey but great shop and very honest.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe

how the hell do you not know what year your car is?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe

you would also pay more for them to do your brake flush and put new pads on then it will cost you to get a jack and the parts...in the long run you save because you can use the jack over again
Old 02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/sponsor-marketplace-42/affordable-automotive-repair-nftuatn-316525/
Old 02-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

The more I think about it, I think I will invest in a jack.

I also don't know the year because the DX was made between 1992 and 1994. I don't know exactly how to tell. This is my first car and a learner to boot. By learner, I mean I've done mechanic work but NEVER gotten into the nitty gritty (Or simple things, like finding out my year for example.)

Also there any good tutorials / advice for bleeding brakes? I've seen some youtube videos... but, I still feel a bit eh about doing it myself. What tools and how much brake fluid is recommended?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Umad?

Tw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Justinm91
The more I think about it, I think I will invest in a jack.

I also don't know the year because the DX was made between 1992 and 1994. I don't know exactly how to tell. This is my first car and a learner to boot. By learner, I mean I've done mechanic work but NEVER gotten into the nitty gritty (Or simple things, like finding out my year for example.)

Also there any good tutorials / advice for bleeding brakes? I've seen some youtube videos... but, I still feel a bit eh about doing it myself. What tools and how much brake fluid is recommended?
Ummm shouldnt you know because you had to register it with DMV and your insurance? I'm pretty sure everyone could find the year of their car within 2 minutes. ....Pump brake.. loosen nut on the cylinoid it sprays rinse repeat until you see no air bubbles? And you need a Wrence, Jack and Tire iron.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

i lost.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Registered Member

10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx 10seclx

here ya go
http://www.raceshopper.com/speed_ble...shtml#domestic

http://www.raceshopper.com/speed_bleeders.shtml#import
Old 03-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Thanks.

Also, it's not registered yet. Waiting for the bill of sales. (Still paying for it. I know, weird way to do it but it was basically: Guy has car... guy is in Navy. All the sudden they say he's permanently going to Cali... so.. I'm sending him the money and tomorrow when I finish it off, he'll send the bill of sales. All in the contract we wrote up. I know it's not the BEST way to do it, but.. it'll work. Guy's a good friend of mine.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good brakes shop.