Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for a good shop to work on my rear end

Old 07-12-2010, 03:57 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Looking for a good shop to work on my rear end

i changed the ring and pinion in my z28 with a spool after i broke my carrier in like twenty pieces at the track...

i could do it..
Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by shonanspeed
I agree with Camaro75, take it to Ricks. If you tried to take anything Strange to either an import shop or just a straight up Auto Repair place they'd be like "huuuuhhhhhhhh?" Actually, VA speed might be a decent place to call, either to get the work done or for a reco. They do a lot of Vette stuff and I know they're familiar with Strange, Ferrea and a lot of the other more serious drag-oriented parts companies.
1. Almost everything i've heard about VA Speed in the last year or so has been a horror story

2. HOLY SHIT, i haven't seen you post in a minute
Old 07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by lim_fc3vert
Just to throw it out there.... you mentioned it was leaking, did you happen to run it low? idk if you topped it off, checked the fluid or changed it recently. They will be notchy with low fluid and require some type of break in when new (no clue how old it is either, and what type/brand... makes a diff in noise also) Maybe pop the cover off for a quick peek? look for springs, chunks of metal, discoloring on the "dogs" of the locker. If its a "lunchbox" style locker you can snag one for under 400 new and put it in yourself... but again lack of info.
When I put fluid in it, it took all of 3 f*cking quarts.... It was whining, but I attributed that to just whining gears. Much quieter now, but now I'm worried about the condition of everything in there.

And it is not a new rear end. IT has been at the track and launched on with slicks.

Originally Posted by nftuatn
i changed the ring and pinion in my z28 with a spool after i broke my carrier in like twenty pieces at the track...

i could do it..
oh ya? I'm not sure if there are any other issues in there, but I'd be more than happy to help you do it, just not sure what I'm doing. Feel free to PM me. and we can discuss it.

Last edited by WutupYo; 07-12-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by WutupYo
When I put fluid in it, it took all of 3 f*cking quarts.... It was whining, but I attributed that to just whining gears. Much quieter now, but now I'm worried about the condition of everything in there.

And it is not a new rear end. IT has been at the track and launched on with slicks.

oh ya? I'm not sure if there are any other issues in there, but I'd be more than happy to help you do it, just not sure what I'm doing. Feel free to PM me. and we can discuss it.
i broke mine using slicks...left the line and rolled to the 60ft...clunking and grinding...lmao

but swing it by the shop wednesday if possible and we can throw it on the rack and see whats going on in there
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

I had no idea you were in Hampton. I'm in Va Beach and probably would be able to get out there Wed. (I have an interview) For some reason I thought you were in Va Beach.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

if you want pm...egas...thats gary with sage automotive and see if he wants to do it for you...

his shop is off cleveland street off witchduck rd

tell him duane sent you.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by shonanspeed
I agree with Camaro75, take it to Ricks. If you tried to take anything Strange to either an import shop or just a straight up Auto Repair place they'd be like "huuuuhhhhhhhh?" Actually, VA speed might be a decent place to call, either to get the work done or for a reco. They do a lot of Vette stuff and I know they're familiar with Strange, Ferrea and a lot of the other more serious drag-oriented parts companies.
Most higher end shops are pretty familiar with Strange and their components. All the fast imports run their products; well, Ramey Built does, haha.

Originally Posted by all4sr's
1. Almost everything i've heard about VA Speed in the last year or so has been a horror story

2. HOLY SHIT, i haven't seen you post in a minute
My father never had a issue with their work quality; although he said they were assholes, he said they did exact;y what he wanted em to.
Originally Posted by nftuatn
if you want pm...egas...thats gary with sage automotive and see if he wants to do it for you...

his shop is off cleveland street off witchduck rd

tell him duane sent you.
Not bashing Gary or his fellas over there at the shop, but are they familiar with rear-ends?
Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I want to say something, but I just can't stop laughing. Someone must of not read their title again.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 PM

EGAS has disabled reputation

More then likely it would be something we outsourced. I would almost put this one on Va speed?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Call Dave Walker at Walkers Auto and Marine, just up the street from SAGE on Cleveland. He's got all kinds of Chevy stuff in his shop. I was just in there Friday for some stuff.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good shop to work on my rear end