Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

looking for langley drivers

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red96teg has disabled reputation
Default Re: looking for langley drivers

Originally Posted by vinniebeachbum
The one dude is from poquson, va. The NA one is from VA beach both new to the track. The NA one will be there alot more often now. He hangs with the STI guy.
too bad there is only 3 more wed. til the season is over and its supposed to rain this wed.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Registered Member

maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale

Originally Posted by SlowGhost
Turbo II is a 2nd Gen. The Turbo 1st Gen never got to the US.

I doubt that a 1st Gen with a 12B will beat a 13B Turbo unles the 1st Gen is Monster Ported and has all the goodies to go with.
With all things being equal I agree. However, when you're dealing with variables, like drivers and driving ability, you'd be amazed what can happen. And yes, the Turbo II cars were all second gens. Such as the one at Langley last week. He was slow, but I think he was also fairly new. Being slow AND a noob is a good thing at a place like Langley. As we've seen, it can be kinda unforgiving.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by maacodale
As we've seen, it can be kinda unforgiving.
Yeah, that wall is definitely hard.

And if VAGambler (can't remember his real name, but I've met him - nice guy) asked someone to put James in the wall, James is getting off easy. He owes quite a few people on this site lots of money/parts/services.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

Originally Posted by Corey
Yeah, that wall is definitely hard.

And if VAGambler (can't remember his real name, but I've met him - nice guy) asked someone to put James in the wall, James is getting off easy. He owes quite a few people on this site lots of money/parts/services.
Kenny Rogers is his name. I've met him a few times, really nice guy.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM

20B3rdgen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blaxican25
How many times do we have to ban you?
I am writing to you as a friend of VaGambler who was banned from the forum for some very stupid behavior. He was drunk one night and very mad at another RX-7 owner. So he started to spout off on the VaDriven forum. He realized that his behavior was wrong the next day and no one should take the rant seriously. Not even he would actually purposely run into another car at the track. The situation came about when Shawn blew up his engine on his RX-7, but did not have the money to rebuild it. Several RX-7 owners in the Newport News area donated parts and time to port and rebuild his engine so that he could race again. Kenny Rogers (VaGambler) was the one who donated the most parts since he had 4 RX-7’s that he had purchased to get extra parts for his own racecar. After being given parts for free the help out a friend, Shawn turned around and sold the rebuild engine to a guy in Maryland for $2,400 by telling the guy that the engine had all new parts in it and for had raced it twice with no break-in period. At the same time that the engine was being rebuilt for Shawn, Kenny found another good running RX-7 selling for $1500 and he gave the seller a $800 down payment. Because Kenny had a few cars at his house he asked if he could pick up the car at a later date in order to strip the parts cars at his house first. Shawn found out about the car Kenny was buying and that it was a Turbo2 with a stand-alone engine management system already in it making it worth twice the $1500 that Kenny was buying it for. Shawn took the $2400 that he got for selling the engine with Kenny’s parts in it and went to the seller’s house. Shawn told the seller that Kenny had changed his mind and was no longer interested in buying the car and that he would come by later to get his down payment back. At that point Shawn said that Kenny had told him about it in case he was interested in buying it, which he did for $1500. This was all a lie by Shawn to get the car, but the seller did not call Kenny to verify the story and he gave the title to Shawn. The next day when Kenny found out what had happened he called the seller ask about it and then went to Shawn and offered him $1800 to make things right. Shawn told him “You snooze, you loose” and refused the sell the car back to him. As you can see Kenny has a very good reason to be mad at Shawn and in fact the Hampton Roads RX-7 club has blacklisted Shawn for what he did. The person that bought the NEW rebuilt engine is also trying to get him money back from Shawn and has posted his horror story about his problems with Shawn on the www.rx7club.com forums as well.

Even though Kenny should not have gone on VaDriven and drunkenly threatened Shawn I hope that you can lift this ban since he really is a good guy that had a moment of bad judgment.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:05 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

wow that sucks. I doubt the ban will be lifted though. Being drunk is not a good excuse.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:30 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 20B3rdgen
I am writing to you as a friend of VaGambler who was banned from the forum for some very stupid behavior. He was drunk one night and very mad at another RX-7 owner. So he started to spout off on the VaDriven forum. He realized that his behavior was wrong the next day and no one should take the rant seriously. Not even he would actually purposely run into another car at the track. The situation came about when Shawn blew up his engine on his RX-7, but did not have the money to rebuild it. Several RX-7 owners in the Newport News area donated parts and time to port and rebuild his engine so that he could race again. Kenny Rogers (VaGambler) was the one who donated the most parts since he had 4 RX-7’s that he had purchased to get extra parts for his own racecar. After being given parts for free the help out a friend, Shawn turned around and sold the rebuild engine to a guy in Maryland for $2,400 by telling the guy that the engine had all new parts in it and for had raced it twice with no break-in period. At the same time that the engine was being rebuilt for Shawn, Kenny found another good running RX-7 selling for $1500 and he gave the seller a $800 down payment. Because Kenny had a few cars at his house he asked if he could pick up the car at a later date in order to strip the parts cars at his house first. Shawn found out about the car Kenny was buying and that it was a Turbo2 with a stand-alone engine management system already in it making it worth twice the $1500 that Kenny was buying it for. Shawn took the $2400 that he got for selling the engine with Kenny’s parts in it and went to the seller’s house. Shawn told the seller that Kenny had changed his mind and was no longer interested in buying the car and that he would come by later to get his down payment back. At that point Shawn said that Kenny had told him about it in case he was interested in buying it, which he did for $1500. This was all a lie by Shawn to get the car, but the seller did not call Kenny to verify the story and he gave the title to Shawn. The next day when Kenny found out what had happened he called the seller ask about it and then went to Shawn and offered him $1800 to make things right. Shawn told him “You snooze, you loose” and refused the sell the car back to him. As you can see Kenny has a very good reason to be mad at Shawn and in fact the Hampton Roads RX-7 club has blacklisted Shawn for what he did. The person that bought the NEW rebuilt engine is also trying to get him money back from Shawn and has posted his horror story about his problems with Shawn on the www.rx7club.com forums as well.

Even though Kenny should not have gone on VaDriven and drunkenly threatened Shawn I hope that you can lift this ban since he really is a good guy that had a moment of bad judgment.
If he hadn't have tried to re-register again, I might have considered it.

But the fact that he re-registered a few times has sealed any chance that he had of having the ban lifted.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

i assume that when this kenny re-registered, he did not apologize himself then...
Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Billy_Guile
i assume that when this kenny re-registered, he did not apologize himself then...
You are correct, sir.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Not trying to disagree with your decision to keep the ban for re-registering Tim, but I would just like to throw my $.02 in on Kenny. He is a customer of mine and from what I can tell he is a good guy and def. seems to know his stuff when it comes to a Rotary. If anything it would be benificial to vadriven to have him here to help the rotary gurus out.

Quick Reply: looking for langley drivers