Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for tuning shop for bmws

Old 06-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Just a bum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurotuner757 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for tuning shop for bmws

Any other suggestions? Even if it is not local that would be fine. I would even be fine with a 5-6 hour drive if I absolutely had to do it.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

I've heard that Eurosport is a pretty good place for BMW stuff. I don't own one, so I can't speak to it.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

HolmeSiR can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Eurotuner757
As the title states, I am looking for a shop that can preferably dyno tune bmws. More specifically E36 bodystyle. The DME I am running is a 413 red label DME. I know of Turner and AA, but I am looking for somebody that is a little more accessible. Does anybody know of anywhere I can go or anybody to talk to?

+1

I have exact same setup and am looking for the answer to this question too. I talked to a dude at turner and basically can only provide chips tuned for intakes/euro hfm and ltw flywheel and thats it.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by HolmeSiR
+1

I have exact same setup and am looking for the answer to this question too. I talked to a dude at turner and basically can only provide chips tuned for intakes/euro hfm and ltw flywheel and thats it.
Yep, you guys need your ECU reprogramed and basically, there's only 3 people in the US that can do it and the closest ones are in Florida:

Jim Conforti - Out of Salt Lake City and is now a consultant for big money corporations (including BMW) and doesn't hardly do any custom tunes anymore. Bottom line, he's the OG and the best. Conforti taught the two below how to re-engineer the ECU and every now and then he'll do projects mainly with Eurosport in Salt Lake City.

Nick Glantzis from Technique Tuning. - Most known guy on the East Coast (aka NickG) and is Conforti's protege'. He started by traveling the country doing custom tunes for people, until he got frustrated by the fact that almost all of the custom turbo kits were crap, so he started selling his own. Now a days, he's hard pressed to do a custom tune for someone because... most of the stuff that comes to him are crap. I'd still call him and tell him what you got and see if he has a map somewhere. You'd have to send him your ECU, he does his magic, and sends it back to you.

Karl Hugh from Active Autowerkes. AA is the most main stream outside of Dinan for 'fast' BMWs. Super cool people with rarely any problems with the stuff they put out, buy they are expensive. And they'll tune your custom engine/turbo/blower/whatever, but you better be on top of your game or they'll charge you to fix what's wrong; and the $1500 custom tune can easily turn into a $7k trip to the the shop. They won't put their name on something if they're not happy with it.

Everyone else out there uses a piggyback or a stand-alone and you lose all of the stock features like all of the stock sensors, cold start sequence, limp mode, redo timing for bad gas, etc...
Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

cbr6004sale has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
The same thing every BMW owner wants... panties to fall.
haha thks I just got a NEW sig. I gotta add that ... welcome the the WORLD OF BIMMERs.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

TRM out of Atlanta. They will do a "whatever you want" tune on a 413 DME. They are priced very reasonably and Mike (the owner) is a DME brainiack. You should consider it as an option to the larger tuning houses,especially if you are or will be going FI.

http://www.racersmarket.net/

Ed
Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

t0talacuratl is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a shop called Sports and Imports in Chesapeake at 757-545-9394. They specialize in Bimmers, but will work on any brand name car. The owner is name Mike. He's a good guy and is pretty fair. He even built racing bimmers for fun, so he know's about the performance side. He's done some work for me that was very professional eventhough I'm an acura.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 AM
SSHNIPER

THATS FRESH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
The same thing every BMW owner wants... panties to fall.
the girls just hop in and take em off in the car. i guess it comes along with owning a BMW.