Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

machine shop?

Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weldmatic has disabled reputation
Default Re: machine shop?

we can make anything......... an i mean anything.

but no one on drag has the kind of money im sure. lol

as far as small stuff i can make stuff on the side.

honestly though 20 brackets would be a good small run especially if they are rare and can sell.

i could make and aero kit depending on the profit from the job.... tooling and materials would be in the 2k price range not counting labor for a high temp toolin mold.... soooo there would need to be alot of people wanting this kit.

but after the toolings made the possibilities are endless

graphite aramid glass you name it..... with a low temp cure i could make you a denim body kit lol
Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

speaking of that monkey boy....make me a lip kit for the 750 outta carbon fiber....like a ac schnitzer knock off...

http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw-ca...e38-1994-2001/

Last edited by nftuatn; 02-11-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

20 brackets is doable I think. I'd need a price and basic idea of the design first to sell it, but that number shouldn't be hard at all if it's somewhat affordable. We'll come up with something whenever I get the car down to you and go from there.

The bodykit would be getting harder, but might actually be possible. Most MB people are not car people, so there is very little out there for MB people. These two things have combined to make those of us who are MB car people absolute nuts. We're also used to inflated prices (well, me, I'm close to broke, but the rest of them), so the pricing might work. When you sell MB bodykits you're not selling them for $800. I bet the people who are going to buy it at all would buy it at $1500-$2000/kit, that's about what they fetch now, when you can find them in usable shape (very hard to find, especially in the US, and shipping from Germany is $$$$).

The part that would make it hard though is I'm guessing the same kit couldn't be made to fit all cars of this model (US cars had different bumpers from Euro cars and 1981-1985 cars had different bumpers than 1986-1991 cars, I know with the stuff from back in the day the kits don't cross, so I'm guessing a reproduction couldn't cross...and then there are sedan vs coupe diffrenences). That's what would make it hard. If it could be made to fit all then it would be easy. I'll have to look into it.

I'll have to think of what some of the other hen's teeth parts are.

Now, if you could make custom gear-ratio limited slip diffs I think I could fill up your shop with work for the next 6 months lol.

Last edited by marlinspike; 02-11-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:55 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Oh, I thought of one other in-demand part. If you could duplicate the tri-y headers that are on my car for like $500/set I bet I could find 30 buyers.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

can you get a pic of the header
Old 02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
ATGATT

Here's one of them

I figured I'd just show you when I brought the car by to look into getting the fire extinguisher mount made (got the sunroof cable in, doesn't look like I'll need any welding work on the sunroof tube, though I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I put the roof back on).
Old 02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

we cant make castings... if it were a tubular header definately
Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
ATGATT

Well, can you dup it as a tubular? AMG made tubular versions, but they kinda sucked (skinnier diameter than these european-market factory option headers...MB still has these but will only sell them to someone if the person can prove they own a car that came with them from the factory)
Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

could easily make those out of tube..... i could make them at an even better diameter as well
Old 02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
ATGATT

Oh? We'll have to talk, maybe then I'll sell mine before releasing yours to the world...anyways, I got the sunroof in the car (and it's at 90%, something is still wrong because it acts like the cable is too short, even though it's not - just when the sunroof closes the motor makes a noise like it is just stripping along trying to grab the sunroof cable by its last tooth and failing, which is the noise it makes if you pull the cable out to the point where it just barely touches the motor)

I'll PM you later to get the addy and pop by sometime next week.

Quick Reply: machine shop?