Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

machine shop?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 AM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: machine shop?

One other thing...can you be my one stop shop and cut off my existing rear muffler and weld on one I provide (current one is too large to mount horizontally, so it sticks down a bit, I want to get flush)?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

yeah dude.... i can do it at your place...... no prob
Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Oh, right, I forgot about the mobile stuff, and since it looks like making a sleeve won't help my sunroof (it's like 98% there, totally functionally just not functionally totally as it should, but I think the problem is not in there being a gap between the two tubes), I guess all the things I need (come up with a design/pricing for a fire extinguisher bracket, look at and come up with a price to dup my headers, and doing the exhaust work - the aero kit dup'ing doesn't look like it will be profitable, seems it was tried once in the past and people won't pay for new kits what they'll pay for old beat up kits...stupid) can be done at my place.

But, my place is in Williamsburg. Are you really willing to come all the way up here? Would you rather a weekend or a weekday?

If you're regularly up here in Williamsburg, I may want to try just cutting off the rear muffler before buying a new one - right now the car has two mufflers, I wonder if just leaving the one middle muffler, a Bassani 4x8x15, will be quiet enough.

Last edited by marlinspike; 02-16-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 PM
ATGATT

One other thing...with the portable welder how much can you work from the floor? At my place I just have rhino ramps (6.5" plus the 8" of clearance the car itself has). There is a very easy to access and very obvious pinhole leak in a weld in the pipes near the back, but there is also a leak further up that I haven't been able to find yet, I think somewherein the downpipes.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

what you got works. i have a 12' lead so i can pretty much get anywhere
Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
ATGATT

So, you willing to drive up to Williamsburg? If so, I'm ready when you are.

Maybe I'm not.

This sunroof is definitley bowed at the back. I guess now I have to try to straighten it out...how I have no idea.

Last edited by marlinspike; 02-17-2009 at 05:35 PM.