Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Mauy Thai Info

Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
critt003 has disabled reputation
Default Mauy Thai Info

Alright well i am interested in getting into this, i have no prior training or anything like that, just something ive been looking into and i figured there is no wrong time to start something and try to learn. Im also a pretty big dude im not small by any means so i figured it would help me get into shape well also help me with self defense and such. So on that note I found a few local places that teach it locally i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with any Gyms or any places someone could recommend. The two places ive looked into and contacted so far are the Hybrid Academy in VA Beach and then the LINXX Academy in Chesapeake. Any suggestions or inside info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris
Old 05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I take pictures.

Scion Breed has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mauy Thai Info

If you're going with either one of the two, go with Hybrid. I know a few people that train there that are K1 fighters.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Just outa curiosity, what made you choose Muay Thai?

Last edited by Muncher; 05-19-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Ammo Pusher

F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh

I swear it's spelled "Muay Thai"

-Eastern
-Hybrid
-Lynxx
Old 05-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

It is, good call.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
RevTek

calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol

Originally Posted by Muncher
Just outa curiosity, what made you choose Mauy Thai?
brandon vera of course
Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Ammo Pusher

F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh

Originally Posted by Muncher
It is, good call.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Registered member

critt003 has disabled reputation

I mean i looked into MMA Muay Thai and other ones, Muay Thai seems to be the one that people say is a great cardio work out. The hybrid academy offers Muay Thai, Judo, MMA and a few others but in order to do the MMA u have to train in the Muay Thai Judo and combat wrestling. Figured id go over there and look around and then 100 percent decide on what i wanted to do but as of now from what i read and look into Muay Thai is great for getting in shape and is more of a striking discipline compared to Judo that is Grappling and ground tactics. And i figured it b a hell of alot more fun to learn something then say go to the gym and just ride a bike or what have u. Im also looking into a career in law enforcement and figured every little bit helps. and it is spelled Muay Thai sorry i suck horrible at grammer and spelling.

Last edited by critt003; 05-19-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Between Bikes

pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty pasty

Originally Posted by critt003
Alright well i am interested in getting into this, i have no prior training or anything like that, just something ive been looking into and i figured there is no wrong time to start something and try to learn. Im also a pretty big dude im not small by any means so i figured it would help me get into shape well also help me with self defense and such. So on that note I found a few local places that teach it locally i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with any Gyms or any places someone could recommend. The two places ive looked into and contacted so far are the Hybrid Academy in VA Beach and then the LINXX Academy in Chesapeake. Any suggestions or inside info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chris
Look into Team Aguirre Muay Thai Camp. There is a coach there (Harvey Grasse) who trained directly underneath Duke Roufus.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I take pictures.

Scion Breed has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pasty
Look into Team Aguirre Muay Thai Camp. There is a coach there (Harvey Grasse) who trained directly underneath Duke Roufus.
Funny you mentioned them. I train with them. Located in Chesapeake. They train for Muay Thai and MMA.