Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

my car got hit.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:57 AM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: my car got hit.

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I don't understand why people don't call the cops anyways? Most insurance companys want a police report don't they?

First thing I do is call the cops when something happens to my car.

Call the cops dude.
In MD the cops don't come unless somebody is hurt or the road is blocked.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:22 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by marlinspike
In MD the cops don't come unless somebody is hurt or the road is blocked.
Really? Thats stupid.
Even if it's a hit-and-run? (which is a felony)
Old 05-06-2009, 06:34 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Really? Thats stupid.
Even if it's a hit-and-run? (which is a felony)
I think, but am not positive, that if it's a hit and run and one of those two conditions I mentioned is not met they ask that you come in with the info.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

my bad dude, i didn't mean to hit your shit
Old 05-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Just a bum

Eurotuner757 is on a distinguished road

ALWAYS get a police report. My buddy got hit by some chick in the left lane trying to make a right turn at the light at cleveland st crossing over witchduck rd. He didn't call the police and just swapped insurance info with the chick and now after her insurance company had already performed an estimate on my buddy's car she called her insurance company and said it wasn't her fault and that he hit her. Now her insurance is refusing to pay the claim to fix my buddy's car because he was a dumbass and didn't file a report.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

colombianito has disabled reputation

OK...

first off...thanks to all the replies...

why i didnt go to the police ?? I "thought" it wasnt going to take me anywhere and just be a pain in the ass...

so after all, many people told me the same " go to the cops" thing, so i did.

went to the cops... told them what happened. and long story short, they just told me I was wasting my time because when i get to court, there is nothign i can do to prove that THAT person was driving THAT car and my car was hit...

i told the cop i really didnt even care about getting money for my car damage but i just wanted justice from the hit and run... i asked the cop if that person would even get in trouble for the hit and run and basically told me yes....but no... i just told him not to bother with the police report, got up and left.

i am not going to waste my time sitting at the station filling out a report, then sit and wait for the cops to find the "person", then wait for a court date, waste a day for this court date, just for a hearing, then set another court date for the case, and at least another court date for the decision, this is if he shows up to every court date and everything goes smooth, and all this for at the end look stupid when the judge says " case dismissed becasue there is not enough proof.

about 4 yrs ago, this guy keyed my car, i saw him !! i chased him with a beisball bat, didnt catch him, went upstairs to get some shoes on, came down and the police was waiting for me, i almost got arrested for having the beisball bat...anyways... court and all it took over a year to get paid 350 dollars, this was over about 10 court dates because the guy kept missing the court dates and stuff like that, and this is also after the guy admitting he did it and all... so imagine what is going to happen when someguy in court says he didnt do it, it wasnt his car...blah blah blah...

thanks though.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:46 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by colombianito
beisball bat, beisball bat...
really?

dude, just call your own insurance and get the shit fixed. or live with it
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Jus_dubin
really?
Seriously...wow.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 AM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by colombianito
went to the cops... told them what happened. and long story short, they just told me I was wasting my time because when i get to court, there is nothign i can do to prove that THAT person was driving THAT car and my car was hit...
Uhh....unless your witness got a look at the driver.

At any rate, the cop failed to inform you about the intricacies of civil law. Tell your insurance carrier the plate number.

You also need to understand why it didn't matter that the guy admitted keying your car - you can't go beating some guy with a baseball bat for keying your car, and if you didn't intend to beat him with it why the heck did you grab it? That's why it didn't matter.

Last edited by marlinspike; 05-06-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

it sounds like you really dont car about getting the car fixed, so why ask us what your options are if your just going to say screw it and do nothing anyways?? if you want your car fixed, get a report, and yes you might have to "deal" with court but at least you DO have a witness...have you talked to the witness ? they might have been able to put the person who hit it behind the wheel.....