Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

My Engine Is Blown!

Old 02-05-2004, 01:30 AM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Engine Is Blown!

Originally Posted by six out 6
Mine winds up full at about 3-3.5k rpm. Then the cam falls out around 5k or so. Modified to a external w.g., and a crappy MBC. A H22 isn't a prefered motor to F.I., it's just the valves.. they aren't all that strong for turbo/s.c. Honda motors are built for all motor from the factory, so some things are expected to be upgraded. The H23 on the other hand is a great subject to F.I. Iron block, AWS (Si), and just a relatively strong motor all around.. but I still won't own another Honda.
so would this mean that it adds no power above said rpm? btw h22's are ok so long as you only bost moderately unless you re-do the internals... i.e. rods 9.5:1 pistons sleeves etc which is what I am avoiding because of that bullshit frm sleeve deal the H22A4's have the JDM H22a's don't have them tho and they are supposedly good up to like 14 psi, I have been contemplating F.I. for a while just not sure which variety, I am thinking jrsc might be the best bet as the boost isn't adjustable and knowing me I would be the type to be tempted to crank up the boost every once in a while which would be pretty dangerous on my motor....
Old 02-05-2004, 05:12 AM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

well, i don't know how TD05's react in other applications. in me and Six's cars, on a stock cam, the power drops off around 5.3k-5.5k. we don't have alot of top end, but shitload of torque. so more or less, the turbo is somewhat inadequate for our car. it's a low stroke 2.6L with a 7.0:1 compression. i mean, there are cams for our cars which allow the engine to make power in the 6.5k-7k range, so i guess it balances out. the thing with the JRSC, they ARE adjustable. if they make pulleys with a higher psi, then you can just bump it up. i'd ask around and see what some people say, like what kinda experiences they've had with their setups and go from there.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
well, i don't know how TD05's react in other applications. in me and Six's cars, on a stock cam, the power drops off around 5.3k-5.5k. we don't have alot of top end, but shitload of torque. so more or less, the turbo is somewhat inadequate for our car. it's a low stroke 2.6L with a 7.0:1 compression. i mean, there are cams for our cars which allow the engine to make power in the 6.5k-7k range, so i guess it balances out. the thing with the JRSC, they ARE adjustable. if they make pulleys with a higher psi, then you can just bump it up. i'd ask around and see what some people say, like what kinda experiences they've had with their setups and go from there.
well they are adjustable but what I meant was they can only go up to 9psi (which is what I would run from the get go anyways) but you can't just turn up the boost like on a turbo, I am thinking that the td05 wouldn't be so bad cause my vtec hits at 5300 so it would give me low end grunt (which is what the H22's lack most) and maybe a little up top and with agood set of cams and some tuning I could probably make around 260-280 to the wheels at 10 psi on stock internals...
Old 02-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

couldn't hurt. plus TD05s are pretty easy to find anyway.