Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

My interactions with what seemed to be a local ricer.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 AM
+rep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBXboost has disabled reputation
Default My interactions with what seemed to be a local ricer.

So Saturday morning, I came up to the 757 and drove my mom's car up due to mine being ready to get town down. She has an '02 Eclipse GS and the condition of me borrowing it was I just had to take it to get the oil changed. Sure, no sweat. I stopped in a Grease Monkey to get it done (Indian River and Kempsville) and the guy working compliments me on the car. I explained to him it was my mom's and that my VR-4 is broken and sitting at home :lol: and he explains that his '03 Eclipse was sitting in the back. So here's where it was getting interesting, he decides to start telling me about his buddies 3rd Gen Eclipse (who supposedly is a 757 local)

The list of mods he explained to me were:

AWD Conversion.
4 cyl 2.4 bored to 2.8 with high compression pistons (no mention of upgraded rods though)
Twin Greddy Turbo setup.
and this thing puts down over 500+ AWHP. I made sure and asked him about the crank v. wheel hp and he said he was possitive about it going to the ground. I also asked about the twin turbo setup on a 4cyl much less running high compression pistons and such. I mean, crazier things have been done, but I'm sure it would have been heard about somewhere. The list he gave me of mods were a lot longer than that but I think those were the key points that seemed counterproductive for power....

Thought I would share with all of you.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: My interactions with what seemed to be a local ricer.

ohhh.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 AM
+rep!

Originally Posted by coupey
ohhh.
very intuitive post. A++. Would recommend to everyone.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

He wasn't lying. It's my car. Did he mention the flux capacitor?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

Originally Posted by The Mike
very intuitive post. A++. Would recommend to everyone.
well thats good cuz ive recommended this thread to 10 people already cuz its just that good.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:43 AM
+rep!

Originally Posted by coupey
well thats good cuz ive recommended this thread to 10 people already cuz its just that good.
Jello Chocolate Pudding good or Yoohoo good?
Old 06-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by The Mike
So Saturday morning, I came up to the 757 and drove my mom's car up due to mine being ready to get town down. She has an '02 Eclipse GS and the condition of me borrowing it was I just had to take it to get the oil changed. Sure, no sweat. I stopped in a Grease Monkey to get it done (Indian River and Kempsville) and the guy working compliments me on the car. I explained to him it was my mom's and that my VR-4 is broken and sitting at home :lol: and he explains that his '03 Eclipse was sitting in the back. So here's where it was getting interesting, he decides to start telling me about his buddies 3rd Gen Eclipse (who supposedly is a 757 local)

The list of mods he explained to me were:

AWD Conversion.
4 cyl 2.4 bored to 2.8 with high compression pistons (no mention of upgraded rods though)
Twin Greddy Turbo setup.
and this thing puts down over 500+ AWHP. I made sure and asked him about the crank v. wheel hp and he said he was possitive about it going to the ground. I also asked about the twin turbo setup on a 4cyl much less running high compression pistons and such. I mean, crazier things have been done, but I'm sure it would have been heard about somewhere. The list he gave me of mods were a lot longer than that but I think those were the key points that seemed counterproductive for power....

Thought I would share with all of you.

Iv met this guy plenty of times, even the other guys at the shop give him shit. He actually got a halo 3 tatoo that he had to show me because I had a halo shirt on one time in the past. He also told me that his 4cyl eclipse will go 200mph and will blow the doors off my SRT. I told him I dont street race, he kept begging me. the manager eventually told him to get back in the bay haha. the kid is a total Ricer, oh well he gets my oil changes done when i need them.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

^ Lol
Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
Iv met this guy plenty of times, even the other guys at the shop give him shit. He actually got a halo 3 tatoo that he had to show me because I had a halo shirt on one time in the past. He also told me that his 4cyl eclipse will go 200mph and will blow the doors off my SRT. I told him I dont street race, he kept begging me. the manager eventually told him to get back in the bay haha. the kid is a total Ricer, oh well he gets my oil changes done when i need them.
R U SRS?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

very.......I would recommend that place just to everyone to talk to this kid.

Quick Reply: My interactions with what seemed to be a local ricer.