Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

my intro to Drag VA...

Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom
Default Re: my intro to Drag VA...

Originally Posted by 97s14guy
Glad to see more newcomers like myself Nate. On another note, I don't see what joining a forum in 06 has to do with anything. Your either a jackass or your not. Run of luck for the forum not to get jackasses lately I suppose.
Because new members are typically fucking retarded. I'm not saying all, but one guy could give your whole year a bad name.

Anyways, welcome to Drag. Don't get too pussy hurt if someone says something to you, its just typical dragva drama.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Weird. '06 is kicking '05 & '04's asses so far.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:33 PM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Great intro. Welcome to the board
Old 01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

welcome
Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
where ma ribbons at?

edtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these partsedtek is infamous around these parts

welcome!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Exhale

Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal

salutations
Old 01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

head1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the roughhead1st4haloz is a jewel in the rough

hi
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

2 pages and no drama?
You've done a superb job; welcome.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally Posted by 97s14guy
Glad to see more newcomers like myself Nate. On another note, I don't see what joining a forum in 06 has to do with anything. Your either a jackass or your not. Run of luck for the forum not to get jackasses lately I suppose.
Here's the skinny on that: this board has been around for a few years, and it started as just being for the 757 as opposed to being all of VA (and in turn, was called drag757). So the core users of this board are both mostly in the 757, as well as been here for quite awhile.

Since this started out as a board focused on a more specific area, a lot of the members that joined once the board became dragVA (which was due to a board crash in late 2002 that forced a complete wipe of the board) found this board via people who were already on here, so for the most part, the bulk of the people that joined in the first year or two knew one another.

As time progressed and the board got more known, people that nobody knew started to join. Now that in itself isn't the problem, it's that they saw the dynamic that the established members have with one another (which is generally a bit on the snarky, cynical side), figured they could just jump right in acting that way, and in general, were complete jerks/idiots. They demanded respect and attention when neither were earned nor deserved.

And time still marches on, and it seems that this board attracts younger and younger people, be it because of the media attention on all things motorsports, or seeing the "older" people that are into cars and trying to fit in. Either way, they bring with them a general sense of ignorance and flat-out stupidity that frankly, irritates the hell out of people that are regulars here, which is why we greet each year and it's resulting new registrations with such disdain.

Anyways, all we ask from new people is that they read the rules, maybe ghost a little to get a feel for the board and how things are, and in general, just not be complete morons. Unfortunately, it seems that the number of worthwhile registrations like y'all are grossly outweighed by people who can't seem to do any of the above.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Amen to the last paragraph of what sD said. That's what I did for the first month atleast, that I was here. So far I haven't had any problems.

Quick Reply: my intro to Drag VA...