Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need a Job

Old 12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer Rob has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need a Job

Originally Posted by Blue2turbo
While these are good sites... if you don't have a clearance... you might as well look elsewhere. As far as DONHR for GS jobs.. in this area as well as most, it's not about what you know, what your technical skills are, its allllll about WHO you know. How do I know this because I was extremely close to landing a GS11 position in Norfolk with the USMC, I was the best "qualified" candidate that applied for the position, plus I had veterans preference, hell I was working for the the USMC at the time, why didn't I get it?? because an E-9 decided to retire, figured he wanted the position and was pretty much just given it... even though in the last 5+ years he had done NOTHING technical, just parade planning and retirement ceremonies... its bull shit.

The best site to get contractors to call you is monster.com, Dice.com, and careerbuilder.com. Hell if you really want, I can PM you my companies contact information and let them know I directed you to them. They are out of NoVA, but I have worked for them for almost a year now... in that time frame I went from Tier 2 Local field services, to Tier 3 Remote Access work... so it's not hard to do. Hell get on the helpdesk for 6 months to a year and you can move up the ladder fairly quickly... I don't have a degree or any certs, I am working off 4 years USMC experience and 1 year contracting... as long as you can learn quick and you aren't a rock... you'll be all set.
yea that would be great if you could PM me some info about your company. I have been trying to get my foot in the door with at least a help desk job or something in the computer field forever but they all wanted me to have my degree first. Right now I can't be picky, I just need some cash lol but if I can land a help desk job or something that would be awsome.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo

Originally Posted by B20B-T
yea that would be great if you could PM me some info about your company. I have been trying to get my foot in the door with at least a help desk job or something in the computer field forever but they all wanted me to have my degree first. Right now I can't be picky, I just need some cash lol but if I can land a help desk job or something that would be awsome.
Yea man I will PM you in a couple minutes... just make sure you make up a nice resume with some strong points and even if you don't have any IT experience, make sure you clearly point out that you are a quick learner, have a strong desire to work on the IT field, and are actively working to get a degree in the computer industry. I will email my boss and let him know that you may be contacting him.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Thanks alot, if anyone has any other tips or knows of any decent jobs hiring in the area keep em coming.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:18 PM

aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace

Originally Posted by B20B-T
Thanks alot, if anyone has any other tips or knows of any decent jobs hiring in the area keep em coming.
Bauer Compressors in Norfolk might be hiring beginning of the year for break press operators. if your good with your hands and know how to read a technical drawing, starting pay is $13/hr.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Originally Posted by aniretaKrace
Bauer Compressors in Norfolk might be hiring beginning of the year for break press operators. if your good with your hands and know how to read a technical drawing, starting pay is $13/hr.
Thanks that might work, Ihad to work with blueprints and whatnot in my last job building book binding machinery. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:57 AM

aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace aniretaKrace

might want to try to find the add in the paper/ internet quick, they did interviews this week, might do some more after the holidays
Old 12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

I see you are working on a degree in networking... Any knowledge of web hosting? Any experience with sales? What kind of schedule are you looking for? PM me.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:54 PM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
I see you are working on a degree in networking... Any knowledge of web hosting? Any experience with sales? What kind of schedule are you looking for? PM me.
Sure thing.. PM'd