Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need legal advice *accident no insurance*

Old 05-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BadboostedTeg has disabled reputation
Default need legal advice *accident no insurance*

well someone recently hit my parked car. and the kid has no insurance. my car has been a project car and had no insurance on it either. but it stayed in the yard. i brought it down to the street in front of my house to work on it and make room for other cars in my household for the time being. i broguht it down friday night. saturday morning a kid hits it.

he hit it then ran off. we caught the guy and cops came everthing worked out. now my question is what should i do. i have all the reciepts and what not for things damaged and have police report which really works in my favor. what lawyer do you recomend. i stay in newport news.

my car at the time didnt have insurance either, but it was parked, with no chance of starting cause i was still working on it. he hit me and he has no insurance. how should i go about this. i have both cops on my side and two witnesses.

help
Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.
Default Re: need legal advice *accident no insurance*

Did the cops ticket him?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

yea he has like 5 tickets

2 that i know of

driving no insurance
improper handling of vehicle
Old 05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

get a hold of the cops who issued the tickets and find out when the court dates are, and ask them if they want you there as a witness. if the judge finds him guilty, then you have a good chance of getting the car fixed. talk to joey at stock or modified bodyworks and get a repair estimate, and have that with you when you go to court.

if he's dismissed of the charges at court, then you're pretty much fucked, just like my friend who was in a similar situation as yours....
Old 05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

got quoted 5k just to fix the car. not replacing the parts he damged i think its done. i wasnt there. i was at work. i can find out when the court dates are. and i dont think hes gettin off. he has a reckless and some more shit. do you know of an good lawyers to contact
Old 05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

anyone else can give advice on how to go about this.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation

damn id call a lawyer office and see what they say. who they can forward you to.

hope it all gets worked out in your favor bro.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You can sue for the repair cost. You don't really have much legal recourse other than that usually. If you had insurance on your car, which you were legally supposed to have, then the insurance company would do the dirty work for you. As long as the kid is found at fault, you should be able to win in court if you can prove the value of the damage done and the repair costs. This all assumes that the kid is actually able to afford the court judgment, because if he can't than you obviously won't get your money. He'll be fucked for a long time for credit, etc., but that won't help you get your money.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 05-10-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You can sue for the repair cost. You don't really have much legal recourse other than that usually. If you had insurance on your car, which you were legally supposed to have, then the insurance company would do the dirty work for you. As long as the kid is found at fault, you should be able to win in court if you can prove the value of the damage done and the repair costs. This all assumes that the kid is actually able to afford the court judgment, because if he can't than you obviously won't get your money. He'll be fucked for a long time for credit, etc., but that won't help you get your money.
yea i herd that. what someone said before is that the state would pay my restitution and he'd have to pay the state back. herd that a few times. dont know how solid it is tho. anyone know any lawyers that theyve delt with?

thats what i could really use.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:00 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by BadboostedTeg
yea i herd that. what someone said before is that the state would pay my restitution and he'd have to pay the state back. herd that a few times. dont know how solid it is tho. anyone know any lawyers that theyve delt with?

thats what i could really use.
The state would pay your restitution? WTF?

Quick Reply: need legal advice *accident no insurance*