Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need legal advice *accident no insurance*

Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: need legal advice *accident no insurance*

This is why you should always have liability coverage on your car. Even w/o full coverage (comp and collision) you would have been covered in this case because the other driver is uninsured. Your insurance co. would have taken care of everything and then gone after the guilty party.

What would you do if the car was set on fire? You'd be out a car.... very stupid to have no insurance on it.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
This is why you should always have liability coverage on your car. Even w/o full coverage (comp and collision) you would have been covered in this case because the other driver is uninsured. Your insurance co. would have taken care of everything and then gone after the guilty party.

What would you do if the car was set on fire? You'd be out a car.... very stupid to have no insurance on it.
x2
Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

BadboostedTeg has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
geez i f'n know that now man trust me. all that time you put in comin up with that uselss response couldve been better put comin up with somethin useful.

my car hasnt been running for long time. i shouldve had insurance for just incase purposes, but i didnt think about it. been sittin in the yard since last year un moved un harmed. so i didnt feel the need to have insurance, cause who knew when it was going to run.

anyone have any acciden lawyers that theyve worked with. ive called a bunch in the phone book, but they're more of the injury accident lawyers. so im not sure who to call. the few accident injury lawyers i did talk to said it seemed like a pretty clear cut case. just wanted to talk to someone who specializes in this situation. cause i dont wanna pay consultation for someone to give me i think information.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

In all realness, all you can do is sue, and try to get enough money to repair all the cost of damages.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:42 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
In all realness, all you can do is sue, and try to get enough money to repair all the cost of damages.
Yep. And good luck ever seeing a dime of it. If he's the kind of piece of shit that drives around with no insurance, you can bet he will avoid paying you at all costs. In all reality, I think you are genuinely fucked here.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

QuickSilverWR has disabled reputation

also, if the car didnt have a plate, it legally doesnt have to have insurance. however if your car did still have a plate on it, it legally should have had insurance. doesnt matter if it was driven or not.

and if he has money youll get paid back, if not.....you wont. sucks. shitty situation.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Originally Posted by ufctapout
Yep. And good luck ever seeing a dime of it. If he's the kind of piece of shit that drives around with no insurance, you can bet he will avoid paying you at all costs. In all reality, I think you are genuinely fucked here.
thanx for input even if its somethin i didnt wanna hear lol. he just bought the car. lives at home right behind me. he mom said he was going to get insurance monday(this happend saturday). he was test drivin the car in the neighborhood i guess. is it true that once you hit 18 ur considered a adult. cause the cop said he'd beenm in similar case where since the person stayed at home, the victum actually sued the parents.

his case was that someone with no insurance hit a covered trailer that was on the street with no tags or nothin. dont know how much that relates to me. but it kept my hopes up.

should i go to court now? or should i wait till the out come of his court case? i know the cops have to be there for his court case. theyre fully on my side and ive been in contact with them alot since the accident, so hopefully they can get somethin done during that case thatll help out mines. they wrote up a pretty awsome and in detailed police report.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

yes you can sue the parents if he lives at home and is under 18.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by QuickSilverWR
also, if the car didnt have a plate, it legally doesnt have to have insurance. however if your car did still have a plate on it, it legally should have had insurance. doesnt matter if it was driven or not.

and if he has money youll get paid back, if not.....you wont. sucks. shitty situation.
hes gotta have somethin cause he bought his car in full with cash. im going to walk around the corner to his house and maybe talk to his mom. just to see where thier minds are towards the situation. hopefully they arent dicks and what not.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Even if the car has no plate and doesn't have to have insurance by law it's still your property and it's something of value.

Quick Reply: need legal advice *accident no insurance*