Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need some assistance

Old 03-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need some assistance

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Is it usually called a "carb canister" or something on Hondas? Or a charcoal canister..or something along those lines
I don't believe that honda's have them, but don't quote me on it!
Old 03-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flo w fx
What's a Smog Pump?
"Air pump" as refered to on the 5.0s. Has something to do with the exhaust and catalyst. I eliminated mine. Doesnt really do much for power but it cleans up the engine bay and eliminates some weight. Not to mention makes taking the h-pipe on and off easier. As far as your mods go hotchic, if you even view this or post again, good luck and have fun spending loads of dough, because from what it sounds like, you really dont know much about any of those FI or nitrous mods due to your asking opinions on power and fuel mileage. Also, assuming your car is 86 or newer it should already have an 8.8 rear end. Like i said though, good luck running that setup, and dont be afraid to spend.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:00 PM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

if shes the same chick i talked to at benns, then its a 94-95 if i remember correctly. she gave me her basic setup, but then had to leave before i could really talk to her about it.

hotchic69,

you need to get a good order of what you want in most important to what you can get away with.

first, the 2 power adder thing...get away from that idea. it looks cool on tv, but its gonna be more trouble than its worth.
since your 5.0 has hypereucrackem pistons, thats just that much worse. first thing, build the shortblock...and you can do a stroker fairly cheap (way cheaper than a mod motor)...
then build your 8.8 with 31 spline axles, a matching differential, TA cover and have the axle tubes welded. since your running slicks, you need a driveshaft loop. subframes if you dont have them.
get a vortech and just put a smaller pulley on it if you want more power. with good heads (you said you had edelbrock), cam and intake you should easily see over 500 at the wheels if tuned properly. then to make sure that that happens make sure you have the proper fuel system as stangsta can attest to.

also you might wanna ditch the "17 in drag slicks" and get some 15 in welds with some sidewall...just a suggestion

Last edited by KungFuHamster; 03-25-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Black&Blown01GT
if shes the same chick i talked to at benns, then its a 94-95 if i remember correctly. she gave me her basic setup, but then had to leave before i could really talk to her about it.

hotchic69,

you need to get a good order of what you want in most important to what you can get away with.

first, the 2 power adder thing...get away from that idea. it looks cool on tv, but its gonna be more trouble than its worth.
since your 5.0 has hypereucrackem pistons, thats just that much worse. first thing, build the shortblock...and you can do a stroker fairly cheap (way cheaper than a mod motor)...
then build your 8.8 with 31 spline axles, a matching differential, TA cover and have the axle tubes welded. since your running slicks, you need a driveshaft loop. subframes if you dont have them.
get a vortech and just put a smaller pulley on it if you want more power. with good heads (you said you had edelbrock), cam and intake you should easily see over 500 at the wheels if tuned properly. then to make sure that that happens make sure you have the proper fuel system as stangsta can attest to.

also you might wanna ditch the "17 in drag slicks" and get some 15 in welds with some sidewall...just a suggestion
There you go hotchic...theres some ideas for you....and gas mileage should be halfway decent assuming like he said..the tune is good. I personally would change a few things in there, but all in all, hes mentioned a good route.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:37 AM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

and if its a '94-'95, def. rebuild motor.. those pretty much oare "left over" motors and we have a pile of them in the shop right now..

in fact, sell your mustang and buy my camaro's....
Old 03-27-2004, 07:28 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

hondas have charcoal canisters. any pressurized fuel system car does.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:31 AM

hotchic69 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry guys if i put that it was a 98 i meant that it was a 94 gt
Old 03-29-2004, 08:34 AM

the engine just got rebuilt and is only been in the car for a couple months it only has like 10000 miles on it so boys i think i am good to go i was just worried about the gas mileage sh**
Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hotchic69
sorry guys if i put that it was a 98 i meant that it was a 94 gt
OMG!! You're alive!! Finally posts back a week later.....welcome back!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:14 PM

hey guys again i am so sorry
hey your website is pretty decent stangsta

Quick Reply: need some assistance