Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need tv help

Old 03-19-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud of
Default need tv help

i have a 54" phillips dlp and need some help.

the picture from use over the years (its a 2002) is starting to get really light. you can adjust the picture but it doesnt really help. anyone know anybody that can either work on it or tell me what is wrong so maybe i can fix it. thanks.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: need tv help

Buy a new one.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:22 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by siclike7
Buy a new one.
Why? When he can get it repaired for alot cheaper more than likely. (if its something cheap and retarded)

Your tire went flat, get a new car
Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

I wasnt serious.

Although theres nothing like a new car/TV
Old 03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

sapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond repute

A DLP TV is basically an old-school projection screen TV that uses a digital image processor for a clearer picture.

You prolly need a new bulb. I know newer ones are rated for approx 5k hours of use before the bulb needs replacement.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:14 PM

nofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sapperpointman
A DLP TV is basically an old-school projection screen TV that uses a digital image processor for a clearer picture.

You prolly need a new bulb. I know newer ones are rated for approx 5k hours of use before the bulb needs replacement.
thanks alot.

anyone know where to get one a bulb that is
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

sapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond reputesapperpointman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...llips+dlp+bulb

Google is your friend.

I'll help, but I'm not wasting my time doing -your- leg work
Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sapperpointman
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...llips+dlp+bulb

Google is your friend.

I'll help, but I'm not wasting my time doing -your- leg work
thanks again. didnt think of that.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

Natodu has disabled reputation

he is right. it is probably the bulb. but if i was you i would put the money into a LCD. Not to say that your tv is out dated. and i don't know how deep your pockets are. but you will have a better quality tv if you make the change to LCD.