Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New old school VW club in the Hampton Roads area?? Any1 interested?

Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc
Default New old school VW club in the Hampton Roads area?? Any1 interested?

So I'm in the Hampton Roads area and i know of VCOT and PVWC but cannot make it to their meets as they are during the week. So I'm thinking of starting a vintage dub club of my own and meet twice a month on Saturdays somewhere, and maybe do a once a month cruise somewhere in the area be it to the beach front or N/N or Suffolk or wherever the club would like to take us. Maybe even a Monthly BBQ during the summer at a park or something. Anyways I'd like to get a feel for what kind of following is out there and if any1 would like to join. I was thinking of all vw's 79 and earlier a/c or w/c but am open to all suggestions. Many things to discuss with a potential club congregation. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: **New old school VW club in the Hampton Roads area?? Any1 interested?**

good luck, maybe open it up to old porsches too?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM
artsy fuck

wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot
Default Re: **New old school VW club in the Hampton Roads area?? Any1 interested?**

would be a nice idea, but have fun looking for people lol. too bad i don't have an air cooled. i would say try your luck on hrdubs.com, but looks like that's no longer around anymore. maybe include mk1s as well?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc

correct me if im wrong but i believe mk1's were 75-79?? in that case they would definitely be included. Also im thinking the club would include both air and water cooled dubz. Not sure about the Porsche idea tho... maybe a seperate chapter?? Hmmm , good suggestion. Maybe just an all around german vintage club might be an idea. And maybe in the grand scheme of things, if it got big enough break it into seperate chapters like Aircooled, Watercooled, Porsche... tons of options and ideas can be rolled into the first few meetings to solidify the club.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

So heres a rough draft of the card flyers that I plan on making up. Trying to see if the bughouse and maybe whitehads would let me stick their name on it if they can pass out a few cards. I.E. leave the cards in customers rides after service or maybe just have some sitting on their service counters. Kind of a promotional deal for all of us. Any thoughts?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz
Default Re: New old school VW club in the Hampton Roads area?? Any1 interested?

So you'd get about 7 people out with that kind of restriction!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by keefboz
So you'd get about 7 people out with that kind of restriction!
7 more ppl to hang with than now. And actually thats not much of a restriction at all for a VINTAGE VW CLUB . You gotta think, thats all air and water cooled. and if you read the next post youll see that it doesnt even matter what you got under the hood/decklid.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Its Official! Here's a scan of the first meets flyercard. Feel Free to print them off and pass them out if you like. Maximum Exposure!!! And check out the Facebook page in the signature at the bottom.

ALL VW's Pre-79 air or water cooled. O.E. or Alternative powered welcome. From that slammed rusty bucket to that restored to original classic. From that nasty matted rat rod to that wheelie poppin’ bad ass. Young and spunky or Old and rusty all are invited.

6:00pm at Sonics Off Battlefield and Volvo in Chesapeake in the Lowes Parking lot.
1216 Battlefield Boulevard North Chesapeake, VA 23320

For any other information call/text/email me , Matt. Hope to see you guys there!!!

(562)397-1794
wicked1lbc@gmail.com
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by wicked1lbc
7 more ppl to hang with than now. And actually thats not much of a restriction at all for a VINTAGE VW CLUB . You gotta think, thats all air and water cooled. and if you read the next post youll see that it doesnt even matter what you got under the hood/decklid.
Good luck mate I do love me some old VWs.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by keefboz
Good luck mate I do love me some old VWs.
Thanks bud. Hopefully this thing fly's

Quick Reply: New old school VW club in the Hampton Roads area?? Any1 interested?