Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New site for DSM/EVO and other Mitsu cars

Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: New site for DSM/EVO and other Mitsu cars

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
It's unfortunate DSMs get such a bad rep from idiot owners. I've owned 20-25 over the last 8 years (most bought and resold). I've owned a couple 11 sec daily drivers that NEVER gave me grief. The only thing I despise about Mitsu is their handling of crankwalk. Sure, any motor can crankwalk but I've seen it first hand more than enough for it to be 'isolated problems.' Fucking fucks, but they sure as hell made a beautiful motor (4g63t). It's almost bittersweet: motors built strong enough to handle 500 crank hp stock, but can't last 100k miles. Well, 'some' 95-97 7-bolts anyhow. I have a neighbor putting down 500 hp to the wheels on a stock 160k+ mile 7-bolt. It's such a damn mystery from motor to motor...

/coolstorybro
Can't plus rep this enough!

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
I'm picking a 2g gsx up soon and the guy is throwing in a brand new Magnus 2.2L stroker motor...can you say 1000awhp? Being the jewey fuck I am I'll sell it for a decent profit vs keeping it though.
That motor is a bad mofo, pretty much the perfect motor for a DSM that doesn't have a budget IMO

Originally Posted by cherrod8
In my opinion the tranny's are too weak for the potential of the motors. But, i'd have to agree the motor itself is very responsive and durable. Built motors that are well maintained and tuned can last just as long as any other built motor, shitty thing is the first 2, 3, or 4 owners almost never take care of the car.
There's nothing wrong with the trannies. They can hold plenty of power. 90-91 trans is good to 1000+, 92+ is good to about 750+. Really depends on torque more than anything else. 600+ ft-lbs will break 4th and 3rd occasionally in the 92+ trannies. The problem is clutches and their installers failing to properly adjust them.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

From the king himself lol
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cherrod8
From the king himself lol
Haha.. yea the "weak drivetrain" arguments always bother me because it's so untrue. I think it's so easy to make power with DSMs/Evos that people don't realize what kind of beating they are really taking. Too easy to get carried away making power and forget about the rest of the car. There really are an extreme few vehicles with OEM driveline as strong as a DSM or Evo is from flywheel to tire. Supras and Vipers are about the only other vehicles I can think of. Not many other vehicles can run 8s on their OEM parts.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Well nice thing i have a fresh rebuilt transmission.