Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Nice Resturants on the oceanfront

Old 07-13-2008, 05:01 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Nice Resturants on the oceanfront

Originally Posted by 93hatch
you must not be from the beach area. everyone knows you dont go to the oceanfront for the atmosphere if your a local. You know what happens if you go down there with virginia plates nowday's.
im pretty sure he lives close to va.b if he said that.

great restaurant that isnt all that well known yet is the Tilted Table, great staff, kick ass food, very highend with out the price tag
Old 07-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts

its catch 31, btw.

and that place is eh, okay.

try casby's between 33rd and 34th street. its a nice little seafood grill. quiet atmosphere, great service. Dave is a great chef.

or try Isle of Capri. call in for reservations and ask for a good view. its on 38th or 39th street. nice and quiet. very upscale-ish type of place
Isle of Capri
3900 Atlantic Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
(757) 428-2411
Old 07-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

vabchs2k has disabled reputation

+1 on Isle of Capri...great food and over looks the water
'
I was wondering if any one was going to correct the "catch 21" thing...
Old 07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
SHAKE AND BAKE

_Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_

I heard Mahi-Mahs on 7th was pretty good, but I dunno, I work at the beach and avoid it as much as possible. I almost corrected the Catch 31 thing, but didn't care too much. I havent really been to any of these places, since I see the SYSCO truck delivering premade frozen shit every morning, I figure its just overpriced crap at most of these places.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

jay357 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by _Sin_
I heard Mahi-Mahs on 7th was pretty good, but I dunno, I work at the beach and avoid it as much as possible. I almost corrected the Catch 31 thing, but didn't care too much. I havent really been to any of these places, since I see the SYSCO truck delivering premade frozen shit every morning, I figure its just overpriced crap at most of these places.
SYSCO delivers to almost every restaurant in the area.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

I hate the oceanfront.....its gets pretty dark out there if you now what i mean.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Registered member

IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant IrRelevant

Originally Posted by Miguelangelo
I hate the oceanfront.....its gets pretty dark out there if you now what i mean.
+1 The lighting is terrible out there.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Watermans, Mahi Mahs, Rockfish, Catch 31, Tortugas are all good, depending on where you are staying, all are on the boardwalk. Rudee's, Rockafellas, or Dirty Dicks are also nice and are on the inlet. Try to avoid driving on Atlantic ave if you have a modded car, There are cops everywhere on foot, bikes horses ect... I don't know why they are so anal and it drives people away, but they are. I live there and I wouldn't drive anywhere if I can avoid it, plus the traffic sucks!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see what's so great about Waterman's. The food costs as much as it would at a nice restaurant, and just isn't that good.

I worked at the Cavalier one summer and ate at Orion's once, I guess it was pretty good. The view's nice.

Tautog's is probably my favorite place at the oceanfront, between Atlantic and Pacific on...24th, I think? Or 23rd, I can't remember exactly. Great food, really quiet and cozy inside, not too expensive.

If you want a really nice place ($100+ for 2 people)...I haven't actually been to Steinhilber's but everyone I've talked to says it's amazing. Supposedly very upscale, classic, just a really great place. You'll pay a little more than you would at some trendy downtown Norfolk restaurant, but it's also been there since 1939 and won't be closed in ~2 years when all the hipsters take their business to the next trendy new place. It's not on the oceanfront, probably about ~15 minutes away.

From personal experience, Alexander's on the bay is really nice as well. It's in that price range, has a nice view (it's on the water), great food, definitely worth the money. If I remember, it's further down Shore drive, towards Norfolk.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Reading threads like these makes me feel sorry for people that must have never actually had good food.

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
Rudee's, Rockafellas, or Dirty Dicks are also nice and are on the inlet.
Nothing to write home about, absolutely horrible, and too commercial/touristy with subpar food.

Originally Posted by Beachin_240
If you want a really nice place ($100+ for 2 people)...I haven't actually been to Steinhilber's but everyone I've talked to says it's amazing. Supposedly very upscale, classic, just a really great place. You'll pay a little more than you would at some trendy downtown Norfolk restaurant, but it's also been there since 1939 and won't be closed in ~2 years when all the hipsters take their business to the next trendy new place. It's not on the oceanfront, probably about ~15 minutes away.

The ambiance is nice but the food is absolutely horrible. Definitely don't waste your time or money there.

Quick Reply: Nice Resturants on the oceanfront