Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

? for Northrop Grumman/Shipyard workers

Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kwint has disabled reputation
Default ? for Northrop Grumman/Shipyard workers

So I'm pretty tired of working fast food and wanted to move onto a job where i actually learn something other than how to handle bitchy ppl.

I'm just curious about what its like working at the shipyard, and are you required to go through the apprenticeship program or can you just apply for a general position. Keep in mind I have no shipyard experience.

I've also heard that its horrible working there, what's horrible about it?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:43 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: ? for Northrop Grumman/Shipyard workers

I dont know about Northrup Grummand, but if someone told you it was horrible working at Norfolk Naval, they're probably a lazy fuckup. And by Lazy, I mean a sloth.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

it depends on what department you are in. The shipyard is a big place...
Old 12-30-2008, 07:43 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

i worked at the shipyard for three years and HATED every single day of it. now with it being so hard to find a decent paying job with the economy in the shape its in im doing what i said i never would and am going back in. the pay is way better than your fast food job and they have decent benifits. im dreading starting back there, but for the money ill deal with the bullshit
Old 12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Treat has disabled reputation

I would recommend the apprentice school for anyone of any age. It’s a great program and I am in it myself. I am in my 3rd year now and you can get as much school out of them as you want as a regular employee or a apprentice they give full tuition reimbursement for a C or higher and they will pay for your books. If you do the apprentice school they will pay you your hourly rate while you are in school. You can also apply as a regular employee and then transfer to the apprentice school. PM me if you have any other direct questions it’s not a bad place to work. But it is work.

http://www.apprenticeschool.com/
Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

I love working at the shipyard. My supervisor, along with all my coworkers, are awesome.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:09 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

What do you want to do? Be a designer, welder, what?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 AM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Treat
I would recommend the apprentice school for anyone of any age. It’s a great program and I am in it myself. I am in my 3rd year now and you can get as much school out of them as you want as a regular employee or a apprentice they give full tuition reimbursement for a C or higher and they will pay for your books. If you do the apprentice school they will pay you your hourly rate while you are in school. You can also apply as a regular employee and then transfer to the apprentice school. PM me if you have any other direct questions it’s not a bad place to work. But it is work.

YES SIRRR

I would definately recommend going into the apprentice school or design trainnee program. I have heard working down in the trades can be rough but i have been down to the ships plenty of times, and it did not seem that bad. Honestly i saw a whole bunch of people doing a whole bunch of nothing.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:19 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by wisepanda
YES SIRRR

I would definately recommend going into the apprentice school or design trainnee program. I have heard working down in the trades can be rough but i have been down to the ships plenty of times, and it did not seem that bad. Honestly i saw a whole bunch of people doing a whole bunch of nothing.
x2 on the people doing nothing lol. When i walked through the bush, i saw so many slackers.

I was going to say design trainne program also. Fast and gets you into a job quick. Although the pay isn't what regular designers make its still better than your current pay i'm sure.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by Treat

Fuckz you guys in the apprentice school lol. I got to pay for my own books, but my school is paid for upfront.

Quick Reply: ? for Northrop Grumman/Shipyard workers