Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Official Good Restaurants in the 757

Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
has a huge dong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER
Default Re: Official Good Restaurants in the 757

Originally Posted by FLASH ME
On the other side of First Colonial is No Frill Grill.
American style cooking with some flare.
I've been there 3 times and haven't found a dish that I don't love.
AWESOME burgers.
Prices around and under $10/meal.
nice man! I am the daytime kitchen manager there, have been for the past 5 years. Glad you like it
on a side note, the owner is a car guy too. Daily drives an Audi Q7, owns a mint old school Porsche 911. Forget the year. He used to have a dope ass vw thing. The chef at the Norfolk location is a jeep guy too. There is a couple employees at mine with some clean cars too
Old 08-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Skott2k has disabled reputation

oops sry, Va Beach preferably
Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 AM
Registered Member

Benz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond repute

I always like Catch 31 when we go to VA Beach from Richmond (but we stay at the Hilton so it's onsite and easy)
The food is ok...their brick oven pizzas are awesome (cheese or pepperoni)
Don't order the oyster (or waste your money) Po'Boy - it's served on toast and you only get four no thanks for a $10 sammich

Prices are a bit high for mixed drinks but I stick with Miller Lite or vodka tonics so my drink costs are low...the wife OTH different story $14 cosmos are a fucking joke

There was a Penny Lane pub down the street I forget the name but the ber selection is AWESOME ~191 beers and they have a pub club you can join to get your name on the wall
Old 09-07-2010, 07:06 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Chimichangas
Name: Plaza Azteca Mexican Restaurants
Location: throughout Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Newport News, Hampton, Suffolk, etc.
Address, Phone Numbers: www.plazaazteca.com
This restaurant has no business being in the good restaurants thread. I went to the Williamsburg location today. I won't be going back.
I got the chicken fajitas:
-chips & salsa: both are bland
- chicken - very bland, it's basically the chicken you get at chinese take out, minus all the chinese flavoring
- it only came with 3 fajita breads, which is enough to eat at most 1/2 of the meal. Granted they brought more when asked, but from what I understand they sometimes charge for this (I didn't get charged). Then again, who would want more of this thin hard bread? Here's an idea - serve the bread in a towel instead of aluminum foil so it doesn't go hard
- i'd be generous if I said they give you 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream. They give you 1/2 of one slice of a tomato, diced, with it.
- no guacamole, no cheese
- fajitas should be sizzling when they come to your table, not just fairly warm

Giving this restaurant 2 stars would be generous. The taste is about on par with if McDonald's sold chicken fajitas.

I would have preferred it if I simply lost my $18 on the ground. At least then it wouldn't have gone to the people who gave me this food.

Last edited by marlinspike; 09-07-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:36 AM
now with less lift!

sope is a jewel in the roughsope is a jewel in the roughsope is a jewel in the roughsope is a jewel in the roughsope is a jewel in the rough

Ricks cafe.... vb blvd. Virginia beach
Old 10-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

do you read?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Lord H loves me

nissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these partsnissantrill is infamous around these parts

I've been there twice and thought it was a nice restaurant with really good seafood. the service was good and the atmosphere was nice and quiet. I recommend the shrimp and scallop alfredo, crab dip is soo good, and the buffalo shrimp was really good too.[/LIST]
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by marlinspike
This restaurant has no business being in the good restaurants thread. I went to the Williamsburg location today. I won't be going back.
I got the chicken fajitas:
-chips & salsa: both are bland
- chicken - very bland, it's basically the chicken you get at chinese take out, minus all the chinese flavoring
- it only came with 3 fajita breads, which is enough to eat at most 1/2 of the meal. Granted they brought more when asked, but from what I understand they sometimes charge for this (I didn't get charged). Then again, who would want more of this thin hard bread? Here's an idea - serve the bread in a towel instead of aluminum foil so it doesn't go hard
- i'd be generous if I said they give you 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream. They give you 1/2 of one slice of a tomato, diced, with it.
- no guacamole, no cheese
- fajitas should be sizzling when they come to your table, not just fairly warm

Giving this restaurant 2 stars would be generous. The taste is about on par with if McDonald's sold chicken fajitas.

I would have preferred it if I simply lost my $18 on the ground. At least then it wouldn't have gone to the people who gave me this food.

you went to the wrong one.
the one on jefferson = the best.
Spoiler

Old 12-15-2010, 09:06 AM
DGAF

Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie Delta Charlie

Name: Ricks Cheeseteaks
Number: (757) 968-5595

I have always been a huge fan of philly cheesesteaks but this place takes the cake. Hands down one of the best phillies I have ever had. One of my buddies that was born and raised in Philadelphia said that it was damn near up to par for what he would expect out of somewhere from home. They have many different kinds of phillies, hoagies, and various other types of food. For what you pay for, you get an enormous amount of food too. Probably going to eat there tonight to be honest.

Here is a superpages ad for it. Check out the reviews.. They are on the same page as me.
http://www.superpages.com/bp/Newport...eviewContainer
Old 01-06-2011, 04:41 AM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Originally Posted by Delta Charlie
Name: Ricks Cheeseteaks
Number: (757) 968-5595

I have always been a huge fan of philly cheesesteaks but this place takes the cake. Hands down one of the best phillies I have ever had. One of my buddies that was born and raised in Philadelphia said that it was damn near up to par for what he would expect out of somewhere from home. They have many different kinds of phillies, hoagies, and various other types of food. For what you pay for, you get an enormous amount of food too. Probably going to eat there tonight to be honest.

Here is a superpages ad for it. Check out the reviews.. They are on the same page as me.
http://www.superpages.com/bp/Newport...eviewContainer
Place is awesome...Good post

Quick Reply: Official Good Restaurants in the 757