Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Official Good Restaurants in the 757

Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 AM
ATGATT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Official Good Restaurants in the 757

Originally Posted by PT2131
This is a fast food sort
of style resturant but it's not like your drive through fast food

Five Guys
www.fiveguys.com
their is 1 in Williamsburg and 4 or 5 in the Nofolk Area

it's a really good burger for what I would say fast food. Everything is prepared in the morning so all the beef and french fries are fresh and never frozen.
I would say the fries at 5 guys are better than the burgers. Burgers are good, just not as amazing as people say. Also, the place is crazy pricey for burgers and fries. Fries are awesome though.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by spidsta
Fellini's
www.fellinisva.com

3910 Colley Ave
Norfolk, VA 23508
(757) 625-3000

Nice italian atmosphere, and the mood is great. The food is excellent; much better than chain italian resturants. You can taste the difference. Prices are average. Its a small drive from downtown norfolk & odu.
Very yummy food and Ive never left hungry.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:14 AM
Slow4door

subtexel has a spectacular aura aboutsubtexel has a spectacular aura aboutsubtexel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by marlinspike
I would say the fries at 5 guys are better than the burgers. Burgers are good, just not as amazing as people say. Also, the place is crazy pricey for burgers and fries. Fries are awesome though.
Yeah, the fries are almost like In-N-Out's, burgers are pretty good too. About as close to In-N-Out on the east coast that I have found so it'll do.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by subtexel
Yeah, the fries are almost like In-N-Out's, burgers are pretty good too. About as close to In-N-Out on the east coast that I have found so it'll do.
If you find yourself in North Carolina, find a Cook Out. Study the menu when you order to make sure you get exactly what you want (I recommend a big double, steak style, with cheese...also be sure to get an exotic milkshake, the fruity ones are the real deal, e.g. in the summer when they have Watermelon milkshakes you see trucks bringing in watermelons and employees cutting them up for the milkshakes). The fries are only pretty good, but eat the burger and you will then realize that In-N-Out is garbage. Plus, it's $4.99 for a burger, 2 sides, and a soda (shake is like $0.80 extra) - North Carolina prices are the ownage.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:15 AM
Slow4door

subtexel has a spectacular aura aboutsubtexel has a spectacular aura aboutsubtexel has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by marlinspike
If you find yourself in North Carolina, find a Cook Out. Study the menu when you order to make sure you get exactly what you want (I recommend a big double, steak style, with cheese...also be sure to get an exotic milkshake, the fruity ones are the real deal, e.g. in the summer when they have Watermelon milkshakes you see trucks bringing in watermelons and employees cutting them up for the milkshakes). The fries are only pretty good, but eat the burger and you will then realize that In-N-Out is garbage. Plus, it's $4.99 for a burger, 2 sides, and a soda (shake is like $0.80 extra) - North Carolina prices are the ownage.
Any in Fayettenam? I am out that way often for predeployments. Now you got me all hungry Thanks to the heads up.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 AM
ATGATT

Originally Posted by subtexel
Any in Fayettenam? I am out that way often for predeployments. Now you got me all hungry Thanks to the heads up.
There's one like a mile from the SE edge of Ft. Bragg, and another one closer to downtown Fayetteville.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

21st Street Deli
222 21st Street
Norfolk
VA 23517

Tel: 757 626-3232

This was my first real deli place eating at and I only got a ham and cheese sammich, but it was by far the best sammich Ive ever had. I dont know the pricing of these places but I paid 12.50 for a 1/4lb sammich 2 12oz sodas and 2 bags of chips. The workers are the friendliest Ive ever met for working in a food place
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
ATGATT

The Short Stop in Newtown (http://www.newtownwilliamsburg.com/b...php?shopID=280). Just opened 3 weeks ago.

I tried it for the first time today. Had a chicken salad on ciabatta sandwich. Was pretty friggin good. I liked that the bread was warm, but I'm sure you can request that they don't heat the bread for a cold sandwich. Definitely not the cheapest place to get lunch in the world (it's ~$9 before tax for sandwich, chips, and soda). Real friendly atmosphere. Takes credit cards.

Follow up: Was back today for a Reuben. I stick to what I say about it being kinda pricey for the amount of food, but in part that's just Williamsburg (plus that damn 10% tax on dining out). Got a Reuben today (I think they call it a Special D or something like that). I've had every Reuben there is to be had in Charlotte, Raleigh, Williamsburg, and most of the ones in DC. This is probably the best tasting one. I'd have to do a back-to-back to be sure but it's definitley in the top 3. It's not 100% true to the Reuben formula, which I guess is why they don't call it a Reuben, but IMHO they improved on the Reuben formula. As an aside...cashier was none too bad to look at. Got it to go and they included salt, pepper, napkins, and a pickle. Real clean shop they run.

Last edited by marlinspike; 04-03-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:31 PM
FML.

brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost

Originally Posted by silver_streak
Name: The Melting Pot
Location: Newport News, Jefferson Ave, across the street from Patrick Henry
Reservations: A MUST!!! (757) 369-9500

Honestly, a fantastic restaurant, even though I believe it is a chain. The menu is a bit one the pricy end, but you get soooo much food for the money. The service was great. Our waitress walked us through the whole meal. Had a great time, I'd recommend it for anyone. Make sure you have time though, meal took us almost 3 hours.
Not a fan.
I just went this passed weekend and was not impressed. Yes, its a fondue place and maybe that's just not my thing. It seemed like the entire staff was dry and without any personality. She went over the menu like a script instead of slowing the hell down. We couldn't even understand what she was saying. (The menu is huge/confusing). The cooking times she gave us for the various items (you "cook" them yourself) in the different pots left all of our food way undercooked and still bleeding.Also, paying that much for what wasn't, in my opinion, that much food is ridiculous.

All in all it is a unique experience however. If you like trying cool new stuff give it a shot. Make sure you have time though because the 3 hour thing is spot on. And bring your wallet.

Again this is just my opinion and I have heard several people rave about The Melting Pot. I just think it just wasn't for me and the group I was with. My tastes just aren't that refined.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Ritas Pizza (Store 1)
3226 Academy Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23703

757 483 9700

Delievers to the Churchland area, Northern Suffolk, Western Branch/Jolliff rd.

I work at this one, have tons of people say we are the best pizza place. I recommend the Hawiian Supreme!

Prices are cheap too!
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Rita's Pizza (store 2)
Portsmouth Blvd
Portsmouth, VA 23707

757 465 9797

Delieves to Hodgers Manor, Portsmouth blvd (portsmouth side), Craddock...etc

Silver award winner for pizza place in Portsmouth!
2 Guys that used to work at store 1 opened store 2, so you get the same pizza goodness!

Quick Reply: Official Good Restaurants in the 757