Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Oh lawd what does the 757 do?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CrJenkins13 is on a distinguished road
Oh lawd what does the 757 do?

Sweet jesus. I just finished pricing some spots around Norfolk for a 10x20 space, to park / work on my project car, rather than doing at the house I'll be living at, and holy shit. $125 / month was the cheapest I found. Actually, that was in Virginia Beach. It's $175 in Norfolk, just blocks from ODU where I'll be living.

In Chesterfield(804), it was like $70 a month.

Damnit. I don't trust my neighborhood enough to park it in the garage that's behind the house I'm renting. Not to mention it's all rotten wood and will probably fall down in a week =/. That and I don't trust my landlord either. I met him and his "helper" today, both looked like fucking crackheads.

Any ideas on what you guys do when you don't have a garage? I don't plan on having the car running for a couple months, and I'll be doing a lot of body work / paint, and don't want to park it outside.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh lawd what does the 757 do?

Find a friend with a garage and use the fuck outta him.

Maybe buy him beer every once and a while.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

I would spend the 2-300 to get the shed in sturdy condition, and get some good locks. If you are going to be spending 100's a month anyways, why not just spend a couple hundred to start with, and have your project right at your house. Nothing more convenient than that.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WALL-E
I would spend the 2-300 to get the shed in sturdy condition, and get some good locks. If you are going to be spending 100's a month anyways, why not just spend a couple hundred to start with, and have your project right at your house. Nothing more convenient than that.
Meh...just goes back to my comment about not trusting my landlord. Not like I can lock him out of his own garage.

I walked into the garage for the first time, and saw some misc parts...couple headers, and old tires/wheels. And this was an older gentlemen(60+), and a crackhead looking friend(also 60+), that were african american and didn't have any business having those parts.

Not to mention if I were to start a project like that, I'd go all out and spend more than I should. And I don't plan on staying here long...just 2 semesters and I'm finding a new house.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by CrJenkins13
Meh...just goes back to my comment about not trusting my landlord. Not like I can lock him out of his own garage.

I walked into the garage for the first time, and saw some misc parts...couple headers, and old tires/wheels. And this was an older gentlemen(60+), and a crackhead looking friend(also 60+), that were african american and didn't have any business having those parts.

Not to mention if I were to start a project like that, I'd go all out and spend more than I should. And I don't plan on staying here long...just 2 semesters and I'm finding a new house.
Be sensible, im sure your landlord is not going to come steal your honda parts,

unless he is hispanic
Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

some places in the news want over $200.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I'd be more afraid of your car getting randomly vandalized by stupid partyin' college students than to get it stolen in that area.

I keep my car at my mommys and drive the beater.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

my dad has a 1000 foot ware house that he rents. i think he only pays 100 bucks a month. has a brand new bath room and shower in it too the owner just put in. the other 1000ft is used by a guy as a garage..
Old 08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jarrod
I'd be more afraid of your car getting randomly vandalized by stupid partyin' college students than to get it stolen in that area.

I keep my car at my mommys and drive the beater.
Yeah, that's why I'm not parking outside. But it's not a car that is going to be moving for a while...it'd be a lengthy project that would be months of body work, suspension work, motor buildup, paint, etc before I even thought about assembling everything. So even if the shell were to sit outside, I'd have all sorts of things that still needed to be locked up and covered from elements.

However, it may not be that neighborhood that may have thieves, but it's definitely worth driving for a bit of distance to get a free car
Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

more info is needed.... how many people do you rent the place with? have you asked the guy about access to the garage? all in all he's a business man. ask the guy for exclusive use of the garage for a 50 dollar fee or whatever you wanna pay. the worst thing he can say is no.

i used to deliver pizzas down in that area. if you live on the side between colley and hampton, you should be fine... some places on the campus/elkhorn side are a little seedy though. 41st & 42nd to be specific... either way, best of luck with it.

p.s.... how much do you think a 10x12 should cost... i paid 113 a month and that was 2 years ago... 125 aint bad really. if its secure, monitored and gated... its worth the cost

Last edited by Hondas_Only; 08-07-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: more questions

Quick Reply: Oh lawd what does the 757 do?