Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Peninsula - Remote Start Installer Recommendation

Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Peninsula - Remote Start Installer Recommendation

PM Gene on here. Excellent work, hands down.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 9civic5
PM Gene on here. Excellent work, hands down.
Is that his forum name? Searched but didn't really come up with much.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

aksnowbrder has disabled reputation

If you ever make your way out to Chesapeake we can take care of you at the best buy on greenbrier.. give us a call and we'll set you up with an appt, lifetime warranty on the labor so you're always covered.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by aksnowbrder
If you ever make your way out to Chesapeake we can take care of you at the best buy on greenbrier.. give us a call and we'll set you up with an appt, lifetime warranty on the labor so you're always covered.
He is clearly not interested in some "Name Brand" place/store, and is more interested in a dude who is a member here, that doesn't post, has been recommended by ONE person, that works out of a garage.

LOL
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
I H8 MY CAR

FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx

Well, guess the question is...which shops are the reputable shops, that folks in here have had personal experiences with?

I was on the same boat 6 months ago, trying to find somebody to install a viper alarm. Talked to Gene but he was pretty busy with life and didnt really have the time. So, I ended up installing it myself. Took me a while since I fucking hate electrical and got confused on a couple of wires to tapped.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:29 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

It's really not that hard of an install, so long as you have the proper schematics/diagrams, and all the shit in your vehicle is labeled/color coded properly. Again, it isn't rocket science, and places like Go-Ho Auto Audio, Best Buy,VA Auto Electric have been doing these installs for 15 years. If they haven't got it right by now, how in the hell are they even in business?

I have never seen so much thought on something so common/easy. . .it's like a thread of someone asking how to install a tape deck, or put air in a tire. Fuck, If you don't know how, and the tech has been around for YEARS AND YEARS, GO TO A PLACE THAT DOES IT AS A WAY TO PAY IT'S BILLS. Jesus Christ. ..

Last edited by TATTRAT; 07-20-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
It's really not that hard of an install, so long as you have the proper schematics/diagrams, and all the shit in your vehicle is labeled/color coded properly. Again, it isn't rocket science, and places like Go-Ho Auto Audio, Best Buy,VA Auto Electric have been doing these installs for 15 years. If they haven't got it right by now, how in the hell are they even in business?

I have never seen so much thought on something so common/easy. . .it's like a thread of someone asking how to install a tape deck, or put air in a tire. Fuck, If you don't know how, and the tech has been around for YEARS AND YEARS, GO TO A PLACE THAT DOES IT AS A WAY TO PAY IT'S BILLS. Jesus Christ. ..
Everyone has an opinion. Have you checked out the reviews on bestbuy car audio? I'm not doing the install myself. This isn't a simple "alarm install", It's replacing the entire security system in the car along with adding a remote start. I've seen the schematics and again, not something I'm going to do.

I'm also not just looking for a person in a garage that never posts to do the install. I'd take it to bestbuy if someone recommended a particular person at a particular place.

Again, I was simply asking for a person or place that the members here might recommend. You seem mad and my apologizes if you lost sleep over my post. If this comes easy for you, please shoot me some references and a price, I'll bring it to you.

If this post bothers you, my rep is on
Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 AM
I H8 MY CAR

FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx FLiPrayZin240sx

Thats the thing, you've never done an alarm install before, it can be a lil challenging. I had the schematics and diagram and it was still a bitch. I had to add a relay on my setup, thats not part of the instructions. Plus, there were a couple of wires that I thought were the wires I needed to tap into, that turned out to be something else. It was the right wire color and everything. Only thing that saved me is that the guy I bought the alarm from online is a master installer, he showed me what I missed after a couple of days, going back and forth online.

I've seen the kind of shit that comes out of some Best Buy stores, Mickey Moused is what comes to mind.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

aksnowbrder has disabled reputation

^ And we see the stuff that comes out of other places like GoHo and Audio-one sometimes as well, but we understand it's not representative of the company as a whole. Every shop sees bad installers come thru from time to time.

OP, you can PM me if you want specific names of installers at the Greenbrier or the Independence location to ask for.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by aksnowbrder
^ And we see the stuff that comes out of other places like GoHo and Audio-one sometimes as well, but we understand it's not representative of the company as a whole. Every shop sees bad installers come thru from time to time.

OP, you can PM me if you want specific names of installers at the Greenbrier or the Independence location to ask for.
Thanks for understanding the reason for my thread. PM sent.