Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?

I'm getting more and more into beer. Bud Light and Corona are piss. Are there any shops similar to The Cheese Shop that have better beer selections?

Seeing as I haven't tried many different types yet, recommendations are appreciated. I'd also love any place that lets you build your own 6-pack.

Also does anyone know the type of German beer that doesn't have as much filtration as most beer? It actually has a lot of sediments still floating in it...some funny ass name. Someone help me out.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?

Kroger in my area has an awesome selection. I look for a Krogers nearby.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:58 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Off topic, but once this place opens up in va beach and if you like trying new beer you have to go. http://www.yardhouse.com/default.aspx There is one out here and it's awesome.

here is beer menu out here: http://www.yardhouse.com/files/beer_menu_47.pdf

Last edited by Joker.; 11-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Yardhouse is ok, but be prepared for a hell of a tab. We use to frequent the one on Oahu, it was great and featured some fairly good beers, but the prices got stupid.

I am almost positive there are some Total Wine and More in NN, and even Trader Joes has some good variety for a small spot. There are also a shit ton of online resources for having beer shipped. Not too expensive considering the variety you can amass, BUT it's just the waiting and all that shit.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Harris Teeter, Total Wine, or Trade Joes has a good selection of random international and micro brews.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Have you checked that little wine/deli/beer shop across the street from the ironbound gym in Newtown? I haven't really been there, but if it's anything like most quickee shops I'd guess it would have some assortment of microbrews.

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know of anywhere in Williamsburg or Richmond that sells the beer Carib? I had it in the Virgin Islands and I thought it was better than Corona for a cheaper price.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:10 AM
Lurks

Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r Erays3r

Wine Seller in the Martins/Target Shopping area off monticello in williamsburg.

They are going to be offering growler fills again , as well as serving pints in store. The guys know what they are talkin about , and always have a beer tasting every thursday from 4-7pm.

As for the beer youre talkin about , would it happen to be franziskaner

Last edited by Erays3r; 11-17-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Not sure if the beer you're looking for is a brand or a style. I'd guess that you're talking about hefeweizen, it's unfiltered wheat beer.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Both have been mentioned, but your best bets are:

The Wine Seller
4680-15 Monticello Ave
Williamsburg, Virginia, 23188

Total Wine
308 Oyster Point Rd.
Newport News, Virginia, 23602

As for the beer you're looking for, is it a specific style you're looking for or brand? There are many Weizen's that are unfilitered. Hefeweizen (cloudy, straw/golden yellow), Dunkelweizen (darker malts are used), Weizenbock (bolder than a dunkel, usually higher in ABV), and a few more. Kristalweizen's are filtered, so their appearance will be clear vs. the cloudiness of the ones above. Most Kristalweizen's you'll find at the store are similar in appearance and taste to a Hefeweizen, but any of the styles can be filtered, technically making them Kristalweizen's too. The brand in the pic above, Franziskaner, makes an excellent Kristalweizen, as does Weihenstephaner.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Originally Posted by 3xNakedCall
The Wine Seller
4680-15 Monticello Ave
Williamsburg, Virginia, 23188
YES!

Quick Reply: Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?