Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?

Total Wine

and a small little unknown is that World Market has a pretty decent selection.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

I'm going to have to check out the wine seller when I go back to Williamsburg for Thanksgiving break.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:48 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Are you even 21 yet?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by 3xNakedCall
Both have been mentioned, but your best bets are:

The Wine Seller
4680-15 Monticello Ave
Williamsburg, Virginia, 23188

Total Wine
308 Oyster Point Rd.
Newport News, Virginia, 23602
Theres. If you go to the total wine and see this Asian girl, she's actually from Kazakhstan, I think her name is Jessica I always forget, but she's the beer manager and she'll recommend you some good beers. They get there new beer shipments Wednesdays at noon and have tasting on Fridays.

Then there's the beer thread:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...83758&page=194
Old 11-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

dbl post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by Joker.
Off topic, but once this place opens up in va beach and if you like trying new beer you have to go. http://www.yardhouse.com/default.aspx There is one out here and it's awesome.

here is beer menu out here: http://www.yardhouse.com/files/beer_menu_47.pdf
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Yardhouse is ok, but be prepared for a hell of a tab. We use to frequent the one on Oahu, it was great and featured some fairly good beers, but the prices got stupid.

I am almost positive there are some Total Wine and More in NN, and even Trader Joes has some good variety for a small spot. There are also a shit ton of online resources for having beer shipped. Not too expensive considering the variety you can amass, BUT it's just the waiting and all that shit.
I'll definitely check that place out. A high price doesn't bother me, it just means I can't be out there everynight. Also I'll be looking at those online resources you mentioned. If you have any favorites, feel free to give me the link.

Both have been mentioned, but your best bets are:

The Wine Seller
4680-15 Monticello Ave
Williamsburg, Virginia, 23188

Total Wine
308 Oyster Point Rd.
Newport News, Virginia, 23602

As for the beer you're looking for, is it a specific style you're looking for or brand? There are many Weizen's that are unfilitered. Hefeweizen (cloudy, straw/golden yellow), Dunkelweizen (darker malts are used), Weizenbock (bolder than a dunkel, usually higher in ABV), and a few more. Kristalweizen's are filtered, so their appearance will be clear vs. the cloudiness of the ones above. Most Kristalweizen's you'll find at the store are similar in appearance and taste to a Hefeweizen, but any of the styles can be filtered, technically making them Kristalweizen's too. The brand in the pic above, Franziskaner, makes an excellent Kristalweizen, as does Weihenstephaner.
Yes, it was called Hefeweizen. I tried several different brands and they were all pretty good. Did you go to beer college or something?
Originally Posted by S2K_Guy
Are you even 21 yet?
Not sure if you're asking me or someone else. I'm 27.

I'll try the Wine Seller and Total wine since everyone here has recommended them. Plus rep for all.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:23 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
Theres. If you go to the total wine and see this Asian girl, she's actually from Kazakhstan, I think her name is Jessica I always forget, but she's the beer manager and she'll recommend you some good beers. They get there new beer shipments Wednesdays at noon and have tasting on Fridays.

Then there's the beer thread:
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...83758&page=194

Even money she's related to Ghengis Khan
Old 11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Originally Posted by DickButt
Yes, it was called Hefeweizen. I tried several different brands and they were all pretty good. Did you go to beer college or something?
Haha, no beer college for me. I just started out like you and everybody else. I realized that there was a lot more to beer than just getting hammered on whatever was cheap and actually enjoying beer for its flavors and the process that went into making it.

Beer Advocate is an invaluable source for a lot of info. Their beer styles link is very informative for info on all of the different styles out there as well as notable examples of each one. Also, like somebody else said, become a regular in the beer thread here. There are quite a few people on this forum who are very knowledgeable about it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Haha, no beer college for me. I just started out like you and everybody else. I realized that there was a lot more to beer than just getting hammered on whatever was cheap and actually enjoying beer for its flavors and the process that went into making it.

Beer Advocate is an invaluable source for a lot of info. Their beer styles link is very informative for info on all of the different styles out there as well as notable examples of each one. Also, like somebody else said, become a regular in the beer thread here. There are quite a few people on this forum who are very knowledgeable about it.
I'll def check it out

I'm still trying to find a good site that will send me out samples...
Old 11-30-2011, 02:27 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

I was asking someone else.

Quick Reply: Places to buy beer in Newport News/Willamsburg area?