Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

planning a change....

Old 08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default planning a change....

Due to the problems with the 3000gt i decide to take it back and get something else. They have a '96 purple mustang GT there that sounds nice and looks good so i will probably be getting that hopefully have it friday.... I guess i can stay away from the V8's now that i have one.... From what i can tell the only thing it has is flowmaster exhaust with tips... Doesn't sound bad reminded me of my uncles. Well for all you mustang guys out there i'm gonna bring one out and do it my way... Give me any tips you may have on beefing it up. I know the first thing will probably be headers and maybe newer heads. I've never been a big ford fan but i will consider trying it with the mustang. For some reason seeing them everywhere makes them kinda grow on you....
Old 08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: planning a change....

The biggest thing you'll need to do to a '96-'98 4.6 2V is do a PI (performance improved) intake manifold and heads swap. Those two parts are the bottleneck of these engines and you'll need to replace them with a '99+ 2V set-up if you'd like to see nice gains.

The engines will run forever and has tons of potential, but unfortunately, the stock manifold and heads are garbage from a performance stand point.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I saw your vette at some shop off of Rosemont or whatever road it is today or yesterday driving home from work.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:31 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

There were like two more threads with basically this same topic in the last two weeks that had a lot of good information in them. Search for them and find all your answers.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I saw your vette at some shop off of Rosemont or whatever road it is today or yesterday driving home from work.
Yes its at Auto-Graphicks complete auto body & paint shop off bonney road by the hall dealership due to some girl backing in to it while i was in Ga. I heard good stuff from them from a few people when i went to get it qouted at the insurance company so i took it to them.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by 87vette
Yes its at Auto-Graphicks complete auto body & paint shop off bonney road by the hall dealership due to some girl backing in to it while i was in Ga. I heard good stuff from them from a few people when i went to get it qouted at the insurance company so i took it to them.
Well as of this morning the car is on blocks and painted pink... so...

Old 08-03-2006, 06:40 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Well as of this morning the car is on blocks and painted pink... so...

Hey they do that they gonna repaint it....... quick