Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Question

Old 01-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Evil Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG
Default Question

im coming up for orders here soon(in fact in about a month and a half)...i was wondering what NOB is like these days...last time i was actually driving around was back in 05 when they were redoing the gates...i flew through back in 07 from iraq but i wasnt in norva for all about 2 hrs... with the way the navy is going with cost of moves im not sure what my options will be...i want to go back overseas however not sure if that will fly...im up for shore duty/choice pick because of the command im at...

any of the other bases improved?

not thrilled about HR however i have to realistic that if i cant get orders to jax or p-cola coming from tampa i might have to consider va

traffic still sucktastic going into nob in the morning?

ive done the past almost 4yrs straight in combat zones or ardous duty assignments...looking for a change of pace....kinda getting burned out on the whole tactical stuff for now
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 AM
missed....

Cell Cell
Default Re: Question

I can't give you any background on the actual bases, but I can tell you YES the traffic is still just as shitty as ever, probably worse.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Evil Bumblebee

milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG

that sucks...i thought the grand plan was to set up those new gates to better handle traffic as well as increased security
Old 01-31-2010, 06:45 AM
missed....

Cell Cell

That may be true, I mean it moves, but I guess because there is sooo many cars it always looks backed up to me. I'm sure the gate part is better than before, but as far as traffic otherwise it has gotten worse. Maybe when this whole light rail project finishes hampton roads will see a significant decrease in traffic.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

NOB will always suck for traffic, thats all i see in the morning on the traffic report.

NAS Oceana is nice as is Dam Neck however, never really any traffic problems for me in the morning.

What tactical stuff do you do for the Navy?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

Traffic going into NOB sucks starting at six every morning however, the amount that it sucks can vary on a day to day basis. Some mornings it will take me an hour and a half to get from Greenbrier to NOB and other mornings only 25 minutes.

As far as the bases improving... NOB has improved a bit I suppose, they've built some really nice barracks that are pretty much apartments, but other than that not much has changed there. Little Creek is still exactly as it has been for years and the traffic is nowhere near as bad to get there in the mornings.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Evil Bumblebee

Originally Posted by keefboz
NOB will always suck for traffic, thats all i see in the morning on the traffic report.

NAS Oceana is nice as is Dam Neck however, never really any traffic problems for me in the morning.

What tactical stuff do you do for the Navy?

http://www.jcse.mil/live09/index_n.htm

and before that i was a member of Navy Provisional Detainee Battalion 2 "Sand Pirates"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Pr..._Battalion_TWO

and before that i was at COMUSNAVCENT
Old 01-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by milanored95EG
http://www.jcse.mil/live09/index_n.htm

and before that i was a member of Navy Provisional Detainee Battalion 2 "Sand Pirates"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Pr..._Battalion_TWO

and before that i was at COMUSNAVCENT
You know IT1 Mayes? You out of McDill right?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

doucherice doucherice doucherice doucherice doucherice

Dude, it's Virginia..........is sucks, it's cold, then it's humid and hot. The roads are filled with potholes and honda faggots....the only people who live here are military, retired military and people either too stupid or too poor to move away! Oh, and there is nothing special/tactical about what you do......just sayin

Last edited by doucherice; 01-31-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Umad?

Tw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to beholdTw3akz_Eg_Hatch is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doucherice
Dude, it's Virginia..........is sucks, it's cold, then it's humid and hot. The roads are filled with potholes and honda faggots....the only people who live here are military, retired military and people either too stupid or too poor to move away! Oh, and there is nothing special/tactical about what you do......just sayin
I really want to neg rep you once again. However i really feel you do not deserve to have a red medal. And if you get one i will pay off eng to remove it cause your not even close to being cool enough for one. "You Ain't Cool, You Don't Probably Have a Girlfriend."

Nob is what it always was and that won't change. But like posted above Oceana Is not bad at all.
GL with your orders

Quick Reply: Question