Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Question for local rwd SR20 owners

Old 02-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for local rwd SR20 owners

Do any of you have a spare manual tranny lying around, or know where I can go to get parts for one ?

Also, do any of you know if the 5 bolt shaft guide plate that goes inside the bellhousing is the same on a KA tranny ?

Reason- my pivotball snapped off, so I'm willing to pay around $50 for that plate to keep me from having to get mine machined to remove the remainder of the pivotball stud left in it.

I'm really trying to get this thing back on the road this weekend, because I have no transportation right now, any help is much appreciated.

SpinDrift187- can you shoot me a PM ? Tim (blaxican) told me to inquire to you about maybe throwing you a little cash or something in order to help me out with getting my tranny back in, said that you're versed a little with SR work......
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Question for local rwd SR20 owners

the shaft guide plate is the same as the KA, I broke mine too. I'll let you know just about the only place you can get that plate is a junkyard. I tried calling every single place I could think of and no one knew that I was talking about. I need a new tranny because my reverse is gone, so if I pick one up I'll let you know.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carter
the shaft guide plate is the same as the KA, I snapped mine off too. I'll let you know just about the only place you can get that plate is a junkyard. I tried calling every single place I could think of and no one knew that I was talking about. I need a new tranny because my reverse is gone, so if I pick one up I'll let you know.
Cool deal man, I appreciate the info.....I just called HeavyThrottle and they had no idea if it was the same or not.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

damn i got a fwd sr20 guess i cant help.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:07 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by S13wannabe
Do any of you have a spare manual tranny lying around, or know where I can go to get parts for one ?

Also, do any of you know if the 5 bolt shaft guide plate that goes inside the bellhousing is the same on a KA tranny ?

Reason- my pivotball snapped off, so I'm willing to pay around $50 for that plate to keep me from having to get mine machined to remove the remainder of the pivotball stud left in it.

I'm really trying to get this thing back on the road this weekend, because I have no transportation right now, any help is much appreciated.

SpinDrift187- can you shoot me a PM ? Tim (blaxican) told me to inquire to you about maybe throwing you a little cash or something in order to help me out with getting my tranny back in, said that you're versed a little with SR work......
PM'd.