Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

questions....

Old 01-21-2005, 08:06 AM
ITR prick #1...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts
Default Re: questions....

Originally Posted by XCELR8
bigger turbo

Old 01-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

cat backs still provide back pressure. why not go catless. plenty of local scooby guys do it.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:28 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
cat backs still provide back pressure. why not go catless. plenty of local scooby guys do it.

catback=exhaust from behind the convertor. the up/down combo i specified is catless, much like 95% of the ones on the market.

i can tell you from personal experience with about 9 different WRX's that a catback will net you no improvement in the way it drives, only in sound.

you can do a HKS dp with a cutout before a cat if you install it if you are really wanting to be full legal, instead of swapping the DP out when it comes time for inspection.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:33 AM
I took that Picture

_Natchez_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by greygti
Get a full exhuast (up-pipe, down-pipe and cat back). Also consider some suspension and better tires.
Dont forget a good Header.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by boostjunkie
everything you have on the car will net you 12's?
i really think it can.

when i got a 13.4 i was on 17" wheels, had a 2.0 60ft(yes..i suck at life...but it was one of the first times i've been to the track), a full interior and i was untuned. When i say untund, i don't just mean there's more power in the car..i mean that with the UTEC built in knock sensor it will pull timing to compensate for the detonation. So as i'm going down the track the car would start to pull(the CEL light would flash as a sign of detonation) and the car would back off...than it would start to pull..and back off again.

So if i can cut a 1.8 60' which i had done before, thats good for a 13.0-13.1(if 1 down low is good for 2 up top), if i can get the car tuned...i might be able to squeeze out more power but atleast it won't be pulling back the timing and studdering going down the track. I hope thats good for a .1 second descrease, and if that STILL doesn't do it, i'll put 16"s on the car and remove somethings from the interior. (the passenger seat, the spare tire, the back seats) but i don't think that will be necessary.

sure it's a 12.9...but it's still a 12 on intake, exhaust and UTEC.

Originally Posted by SloSubie
A header for a WRX will cost a butt load(probably as much as a good turbo back system) and i've heard they don't really do much to justify the cost.

Last edited by NEO_WRX; 01-21-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Wink Re: questions....

Originally Posted by fc735

catback=exhaust from behind the convertor. the up/down combo i specified is catless, much like 95% of the ones on the market.

i can tell you from personal experience with about 9 different WRX's that a catback will net you no improvement in the way it drives, only in sound.

you can do a HKS dp with a cutout before a cat if you install it if you are really wanting to be full legal, instead of swapping the DP out when it comes time for inspection.
that part of my point. ever heard a turbo back exhaust on a scobby? the flat 4 has a distinct note.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

there is one good hear. i dont remember the name though.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

Originally Posted by SloSubie

I wouldn't spend the money unless he goes huge turbo and plans on living above 6K
Old 01-22-2005, 08:56 AM

steve dainee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
up/down combo from www.gruppe-s.com 500 bucks if i recall. get a reflash (if you dont plan on doing major mods often, changing "stages" like underwear like i did) from www.cobbtuning.com for 400 bucks, and a TT (if wanted, not really needed if you watch it, but it doesnt hurt)
900 bucks, you are pushing about 50-65 more hp then stock, and it has good driveability.
what year did you get? 02-03 is doable with the UTEC if you know what you are doing, the 04's have a dual processor ECU that causes issues with tuning, and i am not sure if they have figured out the 05 yet or not. since Nathan left TXS, i have heard it has gone downhill.
thanks for all the info this should keep me busy for like the next day or two

as far as year i got an 02 so i guess the utec won't be a prob. but if your calculations are correct i wouldn't be mad at a 50-65 hp gain for less than a grand... also i was on my way to oceana yesterday when a silver looked like 02 wrx came pass and basically we drove all the way down oceana they went to the commissary...just wondering if it was anyone on here